The healing process continues...

Gloria

Nov 5, 2002
One of this mornings' e-mails brought a tear to the eye.The wife of a Balinese friend was writing to tell me that her husband is being flown to Perth W.Australia for some extensive skin graft operations at the Royal Perth Hospital and could I do something for them before they leave at the end of the week...could I help the children who are sick in Sanglah Hospital, Denpasar,Bali...as their families are very poor....The young couple, who became my friends from day one at Sanglah,have lost their business,their income,and Gede....the husband, was critically injured in the BOMB BLAST. His burns are so severe...but he still thinks of others...the children in the wards...after being in hospital for so long Gede made friends with many of the other patients and I guess looked after them as best he could...soon he would be leaving for Australia....and he wouldn't be there in Sanglah to look out for the kids.So, heres a lttle project for Crisis Care...all I can say at the moment is that contacts have been made in W.A. who are eager to visit Gede and his wife,but I am sure there would be many who would like to send a get well card for Gede as he faces yet another bout of pain and fear...in a strange country. If anyone is interested let me know...Now, I need to arrange something for the children in the hospital...Better go and have a look and ask permission from the powers that be ....if I am allowed to help them...smile sweetly...and bow a bit....If anyone would like to help in any way...please let me know....I guess we're looking for surrogate Aunties and Uncles....what do you think?