Nanny search

lise

Nov 6, 2002
I just thought I'd throw it out there. We're going to be arriving in January and are going to be looking for a nanny for our 5 year old daughter. Gloria, Roy, if either of you know of a young woman who you know would be ideal, please let me know. We're planning on employing more staff than we had originally anticipated, just so we can provide jobs for a few families. We'll be living in Sayan/Ubud. My partner's pembantu can recommend someone I'm sure, but I thought I'd widen the net a little!

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hi Lise

I know quite a few expats in the Sayan area of Ubud. To be honest, it's a really upscale neighborhood, and most seem to be very happy with the staff they are able to hire from that area. In my experience it is always best to hire domestic help from within the village you are living. You should have no problem finding just the right girl when you get here. Moreover, your five year old will likely want to participate in the selection process as afterall, this Balinese girl will be as much a companion, teacher, play mate, as well as care and needs giver to your daughter. Good luck with your move. I'll bet you are excited! :D

Gloria

Nov 5, 2002
lise said:
I just thought I'd throw it out there. We're going to be arriving in January and are going to be looking for a nanny for our 5 year old daughter. Gloria, Roy, if either of you know of a young woman who you know would be ideal, please let me know. We're planning on employing more staff than we had originally anticipated, just so we can provide jobs for a few families. We'll be living in Sayan/Ubud. My partner's pembantu can recommend someone I'm sure, but I thought I'd widen the net a little!
Quick word of advice..if I may...make sure that those applying for the job as nanny or pembantu...are not hooked on boys,have younger brothers and sisters,for which they were responsible for looking after, are not, absolutely not ,Gods gift to man (one has to protect ones own interests) and can cook, change nappies...(diapers) and do not live too far away from their village environs ( ceremonies can be disruptive to ones plans, especially when one expects attention at all times to ones offspring) and understand the western standards if living.....best of luck....the best you can hope for is a real love for your child/children....and I am sure they will all do that...it is how they are, always.......they consider all children to be a gift from God....I am sure mine is not a gift from God at the present time...temper tantrums were not from the God I know.....nor was wanting a bottle at three in the morning, nor was displaying some weird kind of objection to all and sundry in the middle of a supermarket, about nothing at all, or the throwing of the Nasi Goreng coz it has a modicum of carrot in it....etc... etc...you know what I mean....MUST SAY...the Balinese nannies I know would overlook all this with a smile and a cuddle....they are better at it than I am........but I have excuses...of course.....G