Bali Security

HLRalph

Sep 23, 2022
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Bali for a week for my wedding, group of 7. I have security in the private residence I'm staying at, the wedding venue also has security. I was wondering if anybody has some leads or contacts for private security / drivers for day-to-day use in Bali? I'm guessing due to the size of our group we'd realistically need 2 drivers.

Seen a few silly and flashy Australia based, high-end, OTT security companies, was just wondering if there was anything a little more laid back and local. Looking for guys who can offer security with local knowledge.

I've seen a few people get lambasted on posts for asking about security, or being made out to be ridiculous. I'd appreciate that being kept to a minimum here. Due to personal reasons it is necessary. Decency would be much appreciated.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I just googled "security company bali" and a few companies showed up including GPS, Dragon and SAAS. I would suggest calling them and seeing what service they provide and the cost. Bonus points if they answer their phone.

If you know anyone in the police/army that could be an option also.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
The local pecalang will do the job for you if you approach them with the appropriate offer. If you have deep pockets, the local cops will provide you all the security you need.
Your name isn't Hunter Biden by any chance?

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
The local pecalang will do the job for you if you approach them with the appropriate offer. If you have deep pockets, the local cops will provide you all the security you need.
Your name isn't Hunter Biden by any chance?
These dudes are also providing security services. But they are not on my short list.

Maybe find out from the local village chief what company is acceptable or not so as to avoid a unintended turf war!
When I say local this refer to the village / villages where the security service is required.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why the feck would you need all this "security"? I mean we've had loads of Grade "A" prominence running around the place where absolutely nothing and nobody noticed or gave a shit!

You start coming on with loads of high security in black SUVs and your are gonna get lots of attention.

Or is that what you're after?

FFS you're just getting hitched not planning to take over the world.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
We had once a cash transaction at a notary office. 2 security guys at the entrance. Envelopes with cash for several "agents". All with very hungry eyes, suddenly one guy took all the envelopes and ran out of the office. The 2 security guys were acting like in a slapstick movie à la Laurel & Hardy and let him escape. Later it turned out that they were both also getting a cut...

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Generally I'd say: nobody wants your life, they just want your money. If you're flying under the radar there's generally ab-so-lu-tely no problem. If you're sporting bags of cash and a Rolex shit happens...
If necessary I'd hire cops; also easier on the road as you're cutting through traffic like a hot knife in butter. Harley Davidson Club for some years. We rented them...

Reactions: Fred2