Registration of SIM cards....am I required to do it?

moondogy

Aug 22, 2012
Nusa Dua
Havent been in the Forum for a few years, so this may have been answered already but I cant see it anywhere. I am led to understand that by the end of November ?? we all have to register our sim cards with our provider and give ID details. We have KITAP...expires 2021. So how do I register an IPhone with Telkomsel...when I go into the area for registration it asks for KTP and KK......neither of which we have. I think I need to do this on line as I cant find an icon on my 2 phones that discusses Registrasi! Have looked in "settings" and cant seem to find an appropriate area.
I also have an old Nokia circa 2012...and cant find an area to enter any details in there either.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me....and do I actually need to do it. Word around is that if you are not registered by whenever, your SIM/phone number will be cancelled automatically.
Anyone have any suggestons? Thanks

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
If you don't have KTP or KK, you need to go to a Telkomsel/Grapari office near you to register with your passport. For foreigners without KK or KTP, they won't accept any other ID except passport. If you're in the south of Bali, there are a couple of places to register. There is a Telkomsel/Grapari office in Bali Galeria in Simpang Siur and another office on Sunset Road, just before Jl Kunti, if coming from Kuta.

Reactions: moondogy

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
From the informatiion I've been given, you must register before Feb 28, 2018 or you will no longer be able to make or receive calls, send SMS, etc.

Reactions: moondogy

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
Re: Registration SIM card
2 weeks ago I went to XL in Sunset Road to register my SIM card. I have Kitap and I brought our KK and my KTP (WNA) for registration. They didn't accept my KTP (WNA) and told me only KTP (WNI) are accepted for registration.
I went back home and tried to make the registration by Internet:
same result- my KTP was not accepted.
So at least I made the registration under my wife's name and her KTP (WNI)

moondogy

Aug 22, 2012
Nusa Dua
Re: Registration SIM card
2 weeks ago I went to XL in Sunset Road to register my SIM card. I have Kitap and I brought our KK and my KTP (WNA) for registration. They didn't accept my KTP (WNA) and told me only KTP (WNI) are accepted for registration.
I went back home and tried to make the registration by Internet:
same result- my KTP was not accepted.
So at least I made the registration under my wife's name and her KTP (WNI)
Hmmm.....nothing is ever easy here! OK....so I will try at Galleria next week and let you know the outcome. Thanks

moondogy

Aug 22, 2012
Nusa Dua
Hmmm.....nothing is ever easy here! OK....so I will try at Galleria next week and let you know the outcome. Thanks
Went to Telkomsel today at Galleria to register one of my phones.....very easy....took passport and thats all they wanted. Will try XL later this week and advise how that goes!

moondogy

Aug 22, 2012
Nusa Dua
Today I went to XL.....just past Siloam Hospital on Sunset Road.....all very easy again. Must have phone and current passport and I also had KITAP......the service desk there said it is a "one off" registration. When I went to Telkosel yesterday, they were advising that maybe you need to re-register every 6 months.....but that COULD change.! For those expats that come in and out of Bali and wont be here again before 28 February....your phone will be de-activated by the provider after 28 Feb and stay that way until you have time to get to an office and register in person. Hope this is helpful! :)

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
Are you saying that you cant buy anonymous SIM cards any more or is this something for people with KITAP?
What if I am just a "long term tourist" with 60 days + VOA?