Bali safe for tourists says government dept

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Unless your plans involve East Bali, the situation seems to be safe. Biggest risk would be the airport closing due to ash. Not a small concern, and let's also remember that Gunung Agung erupted for one year the last time it blew.

Melati

Mar 4, 2017
Unless your plans involve East Bali, the situation seems to be safe. Biggest risk would be the airport closing due to ash. Not a small concern, and let's also remember that Gunung Agung erupted for one year the last time it blew.
Please could somebody elaborate this? even I am not sure about the consequences of one eruption (apart from the very obvious ones), cannot imagine the ones for the whole year! how far the ashes can go? until the 12 km area evacuated? what about breathing?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
As I heard from a local who was in kuta at the time , the sky was dark with ash for a couple of weeks , I am no expert about ash cloud health effects , but I for one will disappear to another Island until its clear.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
As I heard from a local who was in kuta at the time , the sky was dark with ash for a couple of weeks , I am no expert about ash cloud health effects , but I for one will disappear to another Island until its clear.

Careful if going to Lombok as Mount Rinjani has been very active in the last year spewing ash.