Monkey mafia steal your stuff, then sell it back for a cracker

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I must be naïve...I thought those monkeys learned that trick from their Balinese masters who sell land to foreigners then revert it back by using antiquated laws they forgot to tell their notaries to disclose...:confused:

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
It might be self perpetuating now but I'm pretty sure the monkeys were semi-trained to do this by unscrupulous Balinese.

I thought I was being hyper aware, but the Monkey that got me was more cunning than I was. He'd hid behind a pillar and when I turned around jumped on my head and tore the glasses off my face. He then proceeded to sit on the edge of the cliff chewing on the frame while I watched on.

All of a sudden a group of kids descended on the scene throwing fruit at the monkey. The monkey picked up the fruit, dropped the glasses and one of the kids jumped the fence to pick them up. An old Balinese, Fagin like, guy appeared and suggested I should give the kids some money as a reward and I handed over Rp. 50.000. About 30 seconds later I realised I'd been conned and left never to return. Sad!

Reactions: lumumba

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I'm sure you're right DPH...IMO those little buggers have been trained so all that science psycho-babble about primate behaviour is moot.
My B-in-L had the same thing happen but the monkey threw his expensive specs down the steep hill. 'Fagin' appeared, just like your case and suggested, for a fee, he could recover them.
I fully expected him to somehow climb down the steep slope, using a rope or something, and recover the specs...nope...after the money was transferred he sent the monkey to bring them back....:mad:

Reactions: lumumba

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
I'm sure you're right DPH...IMO those little buggers have been trained so all that science psycho-babble about primate behaviour is moot.
Yeah. It really annoyed me that it wasn't mentioned in the article. But it annoys me even more that they've done nothing to change their behaviour. Give me some green chillies and a water pistol and I'll have 'em "re-educated" in no time. Damn dirty Monkeys!