Water Filtration System

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
You're right it is unfair and I apologise. Normally you are a very communicative poster and I've enjoyed your comments...maybe just had a bad week Eh?
Me too...not good news on the medical front so maybe I'm the one a bit crabby.

Thanks Davita. I was very sorry to hear about that while lurking on the ExpatIndo site. Good luck with everything.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks guys for the thoughts...If I can inspire others to get a colonoscopy my job is done.
Now back to the subject of water filtration systems.
I have well water in our villa in Bali and never drink the stuff. My Balinese maid or the driver lifts that aqua bottle to the machine to provide cold and hot drinking water...and also used to fill the ice machine in the freezer. If the water machine ever breaks I'll get one with the pump and not the gravity feed. They only cost about Rp2.5M.
Those aqua bottles cost Rp18,000 so the cost of fitting a filtering and sanitizing system to drink the well-water doesn't seem viable.
I have thought about getting the whole house filter, to have softer water for the shower, but have a problem of where to locate it so it isn't an eyesore in the garden...maybe put some screen around it....they cost over Rp10M....unless anyone knows of a cheaper alternative.
I used to help friends install Home Depo water softeners when I lived in Arizona where the water is very hard...it worked by back-feeding thru' the filter with salt pellet-soaked brine to clean. Those units only cost US$3-400.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
the word from unilever .

.............................an independent scientific study by the National Institute of Epidemiology2 has shown that Pureit reduces the incidence of diarrhoeal disease by up to 50%, in the absence of any other hygiene intervention......................................

Well, 50 % is close to useless. Does anyone READ this stuff!

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
If you look back in the thread you will note various efforts to find independent studies on this subject including MIT , ya its somewhat unclear , but to repeat myself ,I dont reckon unilever being the worlds largest producer of these domestic gravity fed systems would risk killing its consumers . As I also said before ,whos to say Aqua or any other bottled water sold on this Island is Pure and not tainted with god knows what ?
We live in a corrupt country where the truth is as rare as diamonds on kuta beach.

G

glentlor

I recommend Culligan WH-S200-C, completely remove scale and lime stains on appliances and sinks. And the water tastes so much better. Would recommend this water system to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
well since Mark IT is still around - is the system still going or you back to buying gallons? and yeah bumpty bump lagi!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
well since Mark IT is still around - is the system still going or you back to buying gallons? and yeah bumpty bump lagi!
Jez! Don't know who keeps digging up this (long-winded as feck) old bs from now (thankfully dead, Davina) but I couldn't stay awake long enough to reread all this quack. I still have my same water system from Philips out of our well(5 meters) on the rand of a rice field and still going strong. I will say the the land inclination gives me the bore water before it's gone through the sawah and associated chemical cocktail.