Neighborly Chickens

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I have a neighbor with a small-holding next to my walled in (1.5m) property where I host 2 to 3 lively dogs. My neighbor with small holding at any one time has between 4 and 40 chickens and several pigs/sows/etc. My wife's newest dog addition is a 6 month old Bali Bitch that just loves to chase chickens.

Can you see it coming?

Neighbors chickens stupidly fly into my garden to do that what chickens do and new dog does that what small bitch chicken chasers do... chases, but does not attach chickens - just loves it!

Most recently dog chases chicken (in my garden/yard only) until chicken just gives up the will to live and drops stone dead, much to the consternation of dog who still wanted to "play".

Neighbor is not best pleased at dog but seems unable to corral chickens in and yesterday was standing at my gate throwing fist sized stones (not well) at chicken chaser having masses of fun doing her bit to keep my garden lovely and (live) chicken free.

What do you sage expats suggest I do?
Don't want his chickens in my yard.
Don't want dead dog in my yard.
Don't want angry neighbor in my yard.
Don't want WWIII over stupid chickens in my yard.

Balinese all hate this neighbor (whose life I saved in another era from rabid dog bite - but no one remembers this haha) and cannot or will not talk to him so have instigated a conversation with his daughter in law who has a small warung next to my place too to tell him he can come onto my property to save his stupid chickens but if he is too much of a pussy and fears getting eaten himself by said dog and continues throwing stones and my dog in my garden I will have to go to the village heard.

I think that by nicely talking to the daughter first you did the right move, especially notifying her that, should your kind proposal not being heard, you would have a talk with the banjar head.
Years ago I had a similar problem (in spite of having 3m+ high wall) and a small dog. People were entering the property throwing rocks or even attempting to beat my small dog. Solved the problem by adding two Rottweilers as companions of the small anjing kampung. No more rock throwing, no more stick beating, no more people trespassing. This is when I bought a nice BBQ to quietly grill in the back of the garden the foolish poultries.

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Tell him that he saved you a lot of money because you really needed stones anyway. And now you dont have to buy them because he supplies them for free.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thank you all for your kind and considered advice but I've now resolved to go into Bali Dog farming and will be cornering the market in this fine race of intelligent and faithful animals. To offset my feed costs I will feeding the dogs my neighbors who have a large and tight nit family and should sustain my breeding program for several years.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
While your waiting for your dogs to mature we could rent you our rescue dog of the dingo variety "sleepy" shes not very bright but loves to cause chaos with the local chickens , free delivery 1 juta per month !

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
While your waiting for your dogs to mature we could rent you our rescue dog of the dingo variety "sleepy" shes not very bright but loves to cause chaos with the local chickens , free delivery 1 juta per month !
You clearly haven't been paying attention. Your "Sleepy" could probably get lessons from my bunch but if you want to pay me 1juta/month to look after and train him then by all means, yeah!