Old Forum Members Again - Auld Lang Syne...

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
friggin hell. People are always talking about scamming locals but it is often the bule that you need to watch out for.

I am pretty sure he has a wife and new born son.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
friggin hell. People are always talking about scamming locals but it is often the bule that you need to watch out for.

I am pretty sure he has a wife and new born son.
Is that the same wife from Lombok with the new baby? She brought a stunning 13 year old daughter to the marriage. That's where I fell out with him - he kept touting the daughter around mostly on FB. Several members here also lost money to him.

Amazon

May 3, 2016
Hi Markit contacted you last year to catch up as we have land in Jasri and are ready to start the process of organizig a build. We will be in Candidasa from the 1st of June until the 6th would love to catch up beers on us hope you are around. Cheers Amazon
It's always good to see old and well loved (not!) forum members again and how they are succeeding in life on Bali.

Hi Pauly....

http://bali.tribunnews.com/2017/02/...erika-rampok-minimarket-di-kuta?page=4Finally
M

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Markit contacted you last year to catch up as we have land in Jasri and are ready to start the process of organizig a build. We will be in Candidasa from the 1st of June until the 6th would love to catch up beers on us hope you are around. Cheers Amazon

M
Probably not the thread for old reunions as it deals with a past bad-boy but Hell, yes I'd love to meet you and chat about building here in Jasri - it's a great place to do it and you'll have a ball. It's always good to check out your neighbors first (me!) to know if it's right for you.

Drop me a line a couple of days before and we'll organize it.

Anyone else wanting to buy beer I can often be found in Krazy Kangaroo in Candi (colderst beer, best pool table and breastiest girl(s) in the east) - appointment recommended unless you just wanna talk sh*t. ;)

Another report here: https://www.merdeka.com/peristiwa/4...bule-asal-amerika-hobi-rampok-minimarket.html

They are talking about 5 years maximum sentence. Maybe with remissions he will have to do around 2 years?

Probably will get deported also. Just feel sorry for his son.
I will all depend on what articles he is charged with by the prosecutors at the term of the investigation. To be honest it is far too early to speculate about it.

However, your calculation is wrong concerning the remissions. Should he be sentenced to 5 years, which I doubt, he wouldn't be out after 2 years. Remember he is not one of these politics who get surprisingly low sentence in graft cases, spend most of it outside, and get out at half time plus a few weeks after having donated a fair amount twice a year for 17 Agustus and Idul Fitri to secure some months off.

Remissions are NOT automatic and are proposed by the administration after considering the convict's behavior. ;)

Participating in religious activities (of your declared faith) while in jail is mandatory. Church or Masjid are gonna be familiar places for him if he is convicted.

And yes, he will be deported and blacklisted. Theoretically, the black listing should be for 6 months, but in his case, it may be for far longer. I don't see any immigration officer taking the risk to lift his blacklisting in the future. Unless of course he shows some convincing mark of good behavior.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
And yes, he will be deported and blacklisted. Theoretically, the black listing should be for 6 months, but in his case, it may be for far longer. I don't see any immigration officer taking the risk to lift his blacklisting in the future. Unless of course he shows some convincing mark of good behavior.

You sound like you have a clue what you're talking about.

How did Cory get parole to stay here in Bali but because she's a convicted whatsit she has to leave the country but can't because of the parole?

How did Cory get parole to stay here in Bali but because she's a convicted whatsit she has to leave the country but can't because of the parole?
I assume that "Cory" is Corby?
Her case is simple. Corby has not finished her sentence, which is one of the requirement for a foreign convict to be deported. She is on parole (pembebasan bersyarat) and it is only when her legal sentence will be terminated that she will be authorized to leave and get a kick in the ass sending her back to Oz.

In order to be granted parole, a convict needs to have accomplished at least two third of his/her sentence, an needs to report periodically to the parole officer during the time of his/her parole. Thus a foreign convict is required to remain in Indonesia and the foreign embassy of the country of the convict is required to give guarantees that the foreign convict won't escape Indonesia.

Prior to the enactment of UU 6/2011 (Immigration Act) it was impossible for a foreign convict to be granted parole, which was pretty unfair. The reason was due to the fact that the old Immigration Act didn't have any stipulation for this particular case. There was no immigration permit available for them. They simply could not be granted an ITAS or a Visit Permit.

Michael Blanc, another drug mule, has been the first foreigner to be granted this parolee status, before Corby.
He was arrested in December 1999 and was granted parole in early 2014 after a bit more than 14 years in jail, served in three different penitentiaries. His parole time will be terminated some time this year (I think it's in June or July). Only then will he be deported and sent back to his native country (or the country of his choice).

A note concerning those convicted in drug cases: theoretically, and in accordance with the Narcotics Act, the blacklisting for foreigners sentenced for a drug related offense is a lifetime one. Well, theoretically. Again, it's mainly a question of behavior.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Prior to the enactment of UU 6/2011 (Immigration Act) it was impossible for a foreign convict to be granted parole, which was pretty unfair. The reason was due to the fact that the old Immigration Act didn't have any stipulation for this particular case. There was no immigration permit available for them. They simply could not be granted an ITAS or a Visit Permit.

Any idea which visa they have? Social or tourist visa? (no chance) Kitas (with a conviction, impossible)

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Any idea which visa they have? Social or tourist visa? (no chance) Kitas (with a conviction, impossible)

I imagine they have no visa as on parole they remain 'guests' of the government. Hence they will be deported immediately upon serving out the parole portion of the sentence.

Reactions: Markit