chrisathom2

Oct 7, 2014
I need to purchase basic household items for a villa - cutlery, crockery, pots & pans, sheets, towels etc. I was wondering which department store would be best to find it all in one place, Carrefour, Matahari, Robinsons or Hypermart. I want it to be of a decent quality but it would more convenient if I could get it all at the one store. Thanks.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Matahari has higher quality bed linens but very expensive.I got same in a shop in Denpasar for about 60% of thier prices .It addsup when buying a few .
There are many local shops that do specialized like kitchen shops and such I think you can get better pricing and you actually help out local
all my kitchenware and most cookingware came from a local kitchen shop in renon

keep in mind Big rents in malls :icon_wink:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Custom linens are much cheaper and good quality from Indo-Linen on Jl Mertanadi, which is a right turn on North Sunset at the last traffic lights at the Sunset Mall to go to Kerobokan jail...the store has moved since we were last there but still on the same street...I think on the left going to the jail.

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
For pots, pans and kitchen stuff I recommend "Pantry Magic" on Jl.Dewi Sri, Ruko lotus Block 6. They are not cheap but the quality is very good.
For plates, cutlery, glasses etc. you can try "Art on the table" on Jl. Raya Petitenget No 1 in Kerobokan. This is next to Lio square.
Hope this helps.

IslandLife

Oct 13, 2014
Indo-Linen has great prices for sheets, doonas etc. I went to Carrefour and Matahari and their prices were ridiculous. Yes it is on the opposite side of the street from the jail, right next to Pressed Juice
Still couldn't find cheap towels anywhere, had a friend bring over some $4 ones from K Mart which was much cheaper than any I found here.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
They have two super markets (sp). One out by Ubung and one close to the Pasar area. The latter is larger and has more selection. Don't know the name of the jalan, but right across from all the flower tokos. All the locals know.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
And after tiarra dewata ,across the street in the stores is the best linen and pillow shop .

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For bedsheets, pillows and cases (all things "bed") I recommend the company just off the Gotso called Idaman. The boss is called Putu and they supply a large part of the islands hotel industry with a dacron-cotton mix that is almost indestructible, washes well and is much more comfortable IHO than all the hotter pure cotton stuff out there. Call him and give him your bed dimensions and your email and he'll get you a quote and then deliver the goods. 0361 426872 or 423579

As usual tell him "hi" from Mr. Mark