taylorflanders

Jun 15, 2013
Bali
I went to the consulate general in melbourne on Wednesday to apply for my social visa, was told to return this Wednesday to collect my passport and get the visa if accepted. But yesterday I got a call from the consulate that I missed telling me to call the office Monday. I am so nervous, is this a chance it will not be accepted?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Taylor there is no reason to be denied unless you've done something completely stupid like saying "Sole purpose of visiting is to make shed-loads of money in prostitution and drug trafficking".

Even then I doubt they would deny you as I'm convinced that nobody reads that shit.

Best way to make sure it costs more is to be really nervous when in front of the immi people though. Go in like you own the place and blow as much smoke up their collective asses as you can (shamelessly compliment them) and you will come through like a dream.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
1. Look on the bright side Taylor. Tuesday, 14th Jan is Muhammed's birthday and an Indonesian public holiday. They may have completed your visa early.
Alternately...
2. Look on the dark side Taylor. Tuesday, 14th Jan is Muhammed's birthday and an Indonesian public holiday. They may have delayed completing your visa.

Have patience...Monday...all will be revealed...:icon_eek:

Now...if i could only forecast the 2014 Melbourne Cup Winner I could treat Markit to a cheese and wine party...with real cheese and real wine and in Melbourne.:highly_amused:

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
As per Davita, No. 2 is the more likely scenario. I applied for my sosbud at Sydney Consulate on Thursday this week and was told to collect my passport on Friday next week, as Tuesday is a public holiday. They will probably tell you to collect your passport on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Does the 14th January public holiday extend to Bali Police?. I need to do my police report on that day.

Police operate 24/7 but the administration dept. I suspect, will be on holiday.
What police report do you need Normy?...an SKLD is no longer required.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
I think it is an STM report, which is supposed to be done within 24 hours of arrival. I know it should be done by property owner, but he has shoved it onto me.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I wouldn't sweat that STM report Normy....it might be more courteous to approach the Banjar, tell the Klian where you will live, and ask if it's still required to do an STM...they might take care of it in Bali.