balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
If the site accepts your login name and password but then when you try to make a post or access a member only area of the site and it tells you that you do not have permission or are not logged in.

Typically this problem is caused by a corrupt cookie in your browser or you security settings are not letting balipod.com store a cookie in your browser.

Cookies store your login information so you stay logged in between pages and to make your login quicker each time you visit the site. If there is a problem a cookie or one cannot be stored you will get the message you are describing.

You need to first remove any old cookies in your browser from balipod.com

Once that is done if the problem still occurs then you need to make sure you browser is set to use cookies.

If it is set to use cookies depending on how strict your security settings are you may have to put balipod.com in your trusted web sites list for your browser to store a balipod cookie.

Below are some links to popular browsers and cookie tips.

Microsoft Internet Explorer How to delete cookie files in Internet Explorer
Firefox http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Deleting cookies
Google Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...n&answer=95647

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
If the site accepts your login name and password but then when you try to make a post or access a member only area of the site and it tells you that you do not have permission or are not logged in.
[/URL]

This has just started to happen a few times over the last few days. I don't know why. But finally I cracked it.

What I do is just to ignore it. After logging in, it tries to tell me I am not logged in, so I just right click on anything (such as the WHAT'S NEW tab) and then "Open Link in a New Tab".

Hey Presto! The thing I just opened shows that I am logged in. Then I just close the page that thinks I am not logged in, and carry on.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
I'm having a similar problem, and notice from the 'do not track me' software on my browser that this site is using google analytics and facebook connect to track users. Admin, is this really necessary?

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Google analytics is common on many sites so I am not sure why this might be a problem? The Facebook connect feature is built into the software and it could possibly be turned off.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
I also just noticed another company called AWeber tracking me while I browsed the forum. My browser blocks all of these tracking companies. I don't think this is the problem regarding login though, since when I open the forum pages I stay logged in from a previous browser session. However, if I open the balipod.com website first, for example, I no longer am recognized as being logged in to the site (and therefore can't see the info re recent posts).

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
I'm having a similar problem, and notice from the 'do not track me' software on my browser that this site is using google analytics and facebook connect to track users. Admin, is this really necessary?

Balipod also uses the Tweetboard Widget to track users! Ghostery Software found that bug here as well as the two that you mentioned.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Aweber is for sending a newsletter and there is a signup form on the site. These are legitimate companies providing a service. If you are blocking your computer to save a cookie from balipod then I believe this is the problem.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
I just noticed Tweetboard was part of something else and that has now been disabled.