beccag

Jul 22, 2013
Seminyak, Bali
Hello, everyone!

I'm new to this forum and will be here until Sept. 12. I keep seeing Rick's Pub Crawl advertised everywhere, but are there any on Friday or Saturday nights? Any dinner meetups in the works or places where it's easy to meet other expats?

Thank you!:friendly_wink:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I went to the last one in Sanur and the other people I spoke to were keen to meet up more regularly. If you want to propose a meet up I would suggest just deciding on a date/venue a few weeks in the future and then hope people show up! I think about 20 people at the last one.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Yeah, pretty much everyone should have stayed later - I guess they all had to rush home to nursey for their colonic irrigation.

Maybe next time we can have that as part of the show - with No.idea dancing after?

Or maybe we can have a doctor attend. Ups forget there was one there - complete nutter! But nice.

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Prefer it if no idea kept his clothes on next time tho....and left the vegetable oil at home...especially when we were eating! :-/

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Wasn't there, missed it all. But, God (ooops... Markit) willing and the creek don't rise, will be in Bali, most probably Ubud, in 5 or 6 weeks, (semi) permanently. Where did most of the participants come from at the last (first) get-together? How many members live in the Kuta/Legian/Bukit/Seminyak/ and other places in the "deep south"? How many live in the central area, i.e. Ubud/Gyanyar etc, and how many are scattered out way north, and east? Maybe each area can have more regular get-togethers, and then arrange a big corroboree twice or 3 times a year.
This way maybe transport arrangements can be made at the local get-togethers to help people without transport to make it to the big get-togethers. I remember reading here that some could not make it because of not having transport.
Just a thought.

:topsy_turvy:

beccag

Jul 22, 2013
Seminyak, Bali
You guys sound like a fun bunch! Any ideas for a meet up? I'm new here and all the food I've had has been mediocre. Would love to go somewhere for duck, seafood, etc. Cocktails are cool too. Hu'u Bar seems like fun.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Hu'u is nice but it touristy get down to real indo food and style !

For some nice fresh seafood hit the sanur beaches for some warungs
and if you just looking for coffee on up try sweet magnolias( hope i spelt it correctly ) we had our last meet up there !I think the owner even has the video of no-idea doing his table dance for the last few balipods

Reactions: dav733

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Keep in mind,93% of people on here live in Sanur...so feedback is slightly biased! :p and most(key word) people on here don't venture more than 3km from their home more than twice a year. Sweet Magnolias buckets of Bintang are great tho! Good luck getting the gang to somewhere out side their circle! :p but if you can get them to ku de ta-your a legend!

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
Keep in mind,93% of people on here live in Sanur...so feedback is slightly biased! :p and most(key word) people on here don't venture more than 3km from their home more than twice a year. Sweet Magnolias buckets of Bintang are great tho! Good luck getting the gang to somewhere out side their circle! :p but if you can get them to ku de ta-your a legend!

Well I'm part of the 7% then. As for the 3km boundary, I break that every time I go downtown for shopping etc. i.e. almost everyday.

Ku de ta? Unbelievably noisy full and unpleasant! :disgust: If Bali is Paradise (which of course it isn't) then, for me, ke de ta is Purgatory.

Cheers!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Bare in mind that if you throw a get-together in Lovina 93% of the people attending will be from Lovina. Of course if I throw one in Candi Dasa 100% will be from Candi Dasa as I will pretty much be alone...

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Bare in mind that if you throw a get-together in Lovina 93% of the people attending will be from Lovina. Of course if I throw one in Candi Dasa 100% will be from Candi Dasa as I will pretty much be alone...
you won't be alone, I'll keep you company hehehehe....

beccag

Jul 22, 2013
Seminyak, Bali
Thank you for the food suggestions! I need them! I'd love to know if there's a restaurant that sells a duck that actually has meat on it. lol

Well...figured I'd try. I've never been to Ku De Ta or Hu'u Bar. They seem like fun places. I haven't had a good experience in Bali so far, so I wanted to get some tips on where to go and how to get around. I'm trying to get an early ticket back to Madrid, but it doesn't seem likely. The beers on the beaches of Spain (from a vendor not the chiringuitos) are cheaper than the beers on the beaches here! lol Something's wrong. I think my experience would be different if I had a scooter or stayed in Ubud. I wish I renewed my license.

Could someone please help me out with the best way to get around here? Is there a shuttle service to Ubud or other parts of Bali? I'd like to get out of Seminyak every once in a while, but cannot spend 450,000 for a roundtrip each time.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Thank you for the food suggestions! I need them! I'd love to know if there's a restaurant that sells a duck that actually has meat on it. lol

Well...figured I'd try. I've never been to Ku De Ta or Hu'u Bar. They seem like fun places. I haven't had a good experience in Bali so far, so I wanted to get some tips on where to go and how to get around. I'm trying to get an early ticket back to Madrid, but it doesn't seem likely. The beers on the beaches of Spain (from a vendor not the chiringuitos) are cheaper than the beers on the beaches here! lol Something's wrong. I think my experience would be different if I had a scooter or stayed in Ubud. I wish I renewed my license.

Could someone please help me out with the best way to get around here? Is there a shuttle service to Ubud or other parts of Bali? I'd like to get out of Seminyak every once in a while, but cannot spend 450,000 for a roundtrip each time.
Save your 450k, it ain't in Ubud!

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads

Hey, I've just got back from Seminyak, and I'm tipping those guys on the beach selling beer are asking you for twice what they'd accept-play hard with them! It cost me 50,000 to get a taxi to Kuta, 120,000 to Sanur...about 200000 to jimbaran....for 450000 you should have a driver for 8 hours! Good luck! Food at grocer N grind in seminyak is good for the price....and it's not sitting raw on a dirty bench all day! :-/