balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Just recap this post, there will be a balipod meet up at Sweet Magnolia beach cafe.

The cafe is on Pantai Mertasari, southern end of Sanur.

Time: from around 4:30 PM.

Directions: "You pass Mercure until you come to an intersection with a HUGE tree in the middle of the road. There you head left to the beach. Parking available. Facing the water you head left by foot and after 100 or 200m you find the Sweet Magnolia."

All welcome!

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Buckets of 6 Bintang beers will be available for 100,000. San Miguel Light and Bali Cider are also available. The owners (Ming & Gloria) have decided to throw on a few plates of bruschetta and some other nibbles. Gloria is one of the better family type cooks on this island. Any food she turns out is wonderful.
Obviously if anyone has kids it is also a great spot for them.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Buckets of 6 Bintang beers will be available for 100,000. San Miguel Light and Bali Cider are also available. The owners (Ming & Gloria) have decided to throw on a few plates of bruschetta and some other nibbles. Gloria is one of the better family type cooks on this island. Any food she turns out is wonderful.
Obviously if anyone has kids it is also a great spot for them.

Thanks for organizing this! Even more reason for people to come.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Understand from covert sources that the Martians are also having their convention at the same place and same date how do we identify ourselves? Only ask after having Imagrasi mis-identifying before because of my chartreuse colored passport and never want to relive that again!

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Well, some of us have Balipod avatars that are reasonable likenesses. Of course, it will be hard to recognize Markit this way. So, why not give yourself a photo on balipod and then we will recognize you.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Understand from covert sources that the Martians are also having their convention at the same place and same date how do we identify ourselves? Only ask after having Imagrasi mis-identifying before because of my chartreuse colored passport and never want to relive that again!
Simply count the fingers. I have it on good authority that Martians have 6 fingers on each hand. We will be the crew at the other table.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Hey guys, hows about some kind soul posting some fotos of the get-together so us poor ppls unable to make the function can drool and feel sorry for ourselves

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Maybe the first one arriving should give notice to the staff of Sweet Magnolia so everyone can be directed to the correct table.
However, see you all on Sunday,
Gabriele

kiwi

Nov 8, 2010
Brisbane
You will have to have a couple of cold beers for me, currently packing the dive gear and heading up to West Sumatra for some diving and won't be in Bali until 12th August.
Take photos

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Enjoy the vibe and drinks there, I'm currently at a friend place in Surabaya where the music nearby is a dangdut performance celebrating someones wedding and it is forbidden to drink any liquor at all, they says its a sure path to hell :icon_twisted:

Just left Bali for a day and already missing it :icon_cry:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Enjoy the vibe and drinks there, I'm currently at a friend place in Surabaya where the music nearby is a dangdut performance celebrating someones wedding and it is forbidden to drink any liquor at all, they says its a sure path to hell :icon_twisted:

Just left Bali for a day and already missing it :icon_cry:

Ferdie, tell them that your body is not delicious (gak enak badan) and ask them for a bottle of jamu cap jenggot. Enough alcohol in that to make you smile after a bottle or 2. :-D

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
A few pics with no comments. Sorry for the repeated photo. I attempted to get rid of it - but have given up.

Balipod meetup Sanur

Balipod meet up Sanur

Attachments

• CYMERA_20130630_170940.jpg
    CYMERA_20130630_170940.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 155

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Thanks to no.idea for organising today. :applause: A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

It was nice to catch up with some long-time friends and to meet some new faces from the forum.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Had a great time meeting and talking to everyone

Here is the only picture I took:icon_e_biggrin:.1580

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Fun was had by all (particularly the US contingent who were their usual shy, retiring selves) and here are the pictures to prove it. https://plus.google.com/photos/1005...s/5895452391156894929?authkey=CKGd_JiOsZyI5QE Unfortunately what could have been a epic excuse for a drunk was marred by the fact that most had to go home to nursey quite early but the usual hardcore piss-heads kept up the low standards and even lower morals until their catheters also had to be changed. We should do it more often.

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Hi all,
I enjoyed the gettogether yesterday very much. So good to meet people in the "real world" too. Thanks to no.idea for organizing this. I very much hope such meetings will also happen in the future.
To Markit and Petra: Hope you had a safe trip home.
To no.idea: I spoke with Chris (the cheese guy) today and he said he will contact you.

It was a pleasure meeting you all,
Gabriele