Price Gouging

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Anyone seen businesses overly increasing their prices and blaming it on the rise in price of fuel?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
In the Jakarta Post next to a photo of pineapples, they said the price in the market was going up from 4,000 to 5,500 per pineaple because of fuel. This implies that of the old 4,000 price - 3,000 was spent on fuel getting it to the market. Not believable, of course. Expect more of this.

G

Gurkha

In the Jakarta Post next to a photo of pineapples, they said the price in the market was going up from 4,000 to 5,500 per pineaple because of fuel. This implies that of the old 4,000 price - 3,000 was spent on fuel getting it to the market. Not believable, of course. Expect more of this.
What do they do? Water pineapples with gasoline?

Fortunny

Mar 6, 2018
Piss on them I'd say; excuse the rudeness.
I was told it's because of the foreigners coming in, buying up all the villas, hotels etc and renting them out St higher prices and doing the Balinese out of jobs, so they need to raise their prices to live!
Big fat B**ls! I say the foreigners are taking out long term leases from the locals and employing only locals to work for them.