Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
My friend and I will be staying in Bali from 03/08/2012 to the 03/09/2012 and are wanting cheap accomodation. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a furnished unit or something for only one month. As this is our first stop on a 12 month journey around the world we would like to stay as cheaply as possible, as long is it has the basics. We dont care about pools and things like that and dont mind if its not resort style accomodation as long as it is clean.

Open to suggestions I just dont really want to be paying $1500 for the month.

Michelle

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Kumala Indah II is 70,000 per night w/ 2 beds, cold shower and a fan but discounts for stays over 21 days and only about 300m from "Half Way" Beach.. Its halfway between Padma and Kuta.. .

Tunjung Bali is 150,000 a night with discounts offered for 24 days+ this one is nice and it has a pool aswell..

Arena Hotel is 500,000 a week with AC and a pool but the staff arent the friendliest of people and if you want friends to visit the hotel (day or night) they must pay I think 40,000??

Benesari in Kuta is a great place to look for cheap places, its right in Kuta but not at all Noisy, Poppies 2 is good the rooms are cheap but everything is so so expensive.

kjans

Oct 17, 2009
Simple room between Kuta and Seminyak
Parking space for motorbike and car
Fenced property with security
Good modern aircon
Shower + western toilet (water is sun heated, it's definitely not hot but not cold either)
Wifi internet
Including laundry for your clothes + weekly clean bedsheets + absolutely spic and span clean public area.
No television
Quiet area, yet 1 minute from Sunset Road and Jalan Dewi Sri
10 rooms, mostly rented by hotel executives and some expats

Price per month Rp 3,750,000

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Thank you

Thank you kjans. This sounds great. Not sure if I can survive without hot shower though as it is two girls but will talk to my friend. Do you have any pictures???

Good modern aircon
Shower + western toilet (water is sun heated, it's definitely not hot but not cold either)
Wifi internet
Including laundry for your clothes + weekly clean bedsheets + absolutely spic and span clean public area.
No television

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good modern aircon
Wifi internet
No television

This is pretty expensive Mishy 85..

You can rent a house for 2.5 million with hot Water, Tv, DVD, Aircon, Fans, Stereo, Security, Motorbike and Car Parking, 2 story, Western Shower & Toilet.. The only thing it doesnt include is internet and laundry..

You laundry bill is 20 - 40,000 per week if you go to a local place instead of the western ones, internet 2,500 during happy hour and every western eating place has wifi for free.. .

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Soon to be expat,

Do you know how i would go about finding such a place?? This is the price bracket i was hopeing for but i am struggling to find it. Help please???? :)

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
You cant find it on the internet, its one of those "Look and you will find" type of places... most of Balis good cheap places are like that.. I will send you a PM though of the place im talking about

Pakman

Jan 13, 2012
Soontobexpat,,if it is so good,, please share with all,,,,I've never seen this cheap around this area in a couple of years and rising rapidly.clean, comfortable,1 room, hot water, tv,wifi,usually around 2.5 -4 mil a month depending on your length of stay, bargaining skills etc, in my experiences.:tranquillity:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Megasari Bungalows on Padma, fantastic location and cheap.

I think your pretty damn silly paying 2.5-4 mil for a Kos over there, Gang Panti Kos - 1.5 w/ aircon, cleaning, furniture, cleaning.

Kos @ Bintang Supermarket 1.5 with furniture, no AC, front & back garden..

Kos in Denpasar - 1 is western fac, AC, kitchen, furnished, security, ++ elec is 1.6 mil a month but brand new
Kos in DPS off Imam Bonjol 700,000 per month western toilet, basic furniture, elec inc. w/ kitchnette

You can stay in a decent hotel room for cheaper than

Pakman

Jan 13, 2012
Megasari Bungalows on Padma, fantastic location and cheap.

I think your pretty damn silly paying 2.5-4 mil for a Kos over there,

Well I thought the post you had replied to was stating Legian- Seminyak,, no Kos mentioned too, sure you can stay in a Kos for 300k a month in Denpasar but I think the original poster maybe looking for a holiday? I actually live in Legian and most decent accomodation is around 2.5 - 4 mil a month, and if coming from Aus, my god were talking about a $100 a week for holiday accom,,which is hardly too expensive for most holidayers, and I guess the bottom line is you get what you pay for, everyone has different expectations and budgets.

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Padma is Legian..
Bintang is Legian Steet, Seminyak
Imam Bonjol is just behind Nakula..

If your going to compare everything to Australia and mark things as chepa there bvecause in aust its this much you wont have much money to spare. Different currencies, economies. If you can pay $150.00 a month why on earth would you willingly waste $250.00 that month?

Kos = Room. Whether its 15000000 a month or 300,000 its a kos.

Pakman

Jan 13, 2012
Wow,not trying to be argumentative, but plenty of long term and holidayers alike stay in different levels of accom,,Kos generally refers to local accomodation,you mentioned 2 story houses in Denpasar in thread, yes?,,I am quite aware where Bonjol and Padma are,,also I am a visitor of 30 years to Bali and married to a balinese, so I do know a little about the local ecconomy and geography.I reffered to Australia's ecconomy as that is where you are, Nothing wrong with supporting the local ecconomy here either if you can, just trying to give the poster a different point of view, not saying you are not correct in what you say,,but some people prefer to stay in more upmarket accomodation,,(because they can!)not waste but perhaps enjoy.,because between 2.5 and 4 you can have cable telly,wifi,aircon, hot water, garden,quiet gang,etc,if only for holiday sure sounds like a pleasent stay but you can also as you say save $100 and enjoy your Kos.

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Apologies Pakman, it wasnt intended the way it sounds!

I agree with that, if you want luxury you are going to pay for luxury.. I think Mishy85 though is looking for similar accomodation to what I would look for and would be happy to stay in. As she said earlier in the post, 12 months of travelling on a budget doesnt really allow you to be luxurious.. and if you can save $0.30 cents a night you will save it..

And I guess my other point is, you generally only find things when you are looking for them. My friends rented the house next door and told the landlord thier budget was 5 million a month.. they paid 4.8 million per month for the house plus electricity. My budget was 1.5 million a month and I got this same house for 1.6 million a month including electricity(which is the going rate for this place)..

Maybe I will put photos up of the house later on? or Bungalow.. Its clean, its nice but its simple. Thats all I need though. Also, personally I hate cable TV. If I had cable TV I wouldnt of ever learnt indonesian

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for your posts I appreciate everyone's assistance.

I should probably clarify what I am after so as to avoid confusion.

I preferably want a two bedroom or 2 x single rooms together
My budget is between 2 to 5 million rp per month
Must haves hot water, private bathroom, furnished
Location kuta/legian/Denpasar area

I have no issues with staying in a kos but don't even know where to find this sort of accommodation so all suggestions are welcomed.

All information is welcomed. Thank you :)

Apologies Pakman, it wasnt intended the way it sounds!

I agree with that, if you want luxury you are going to pay for luxury.. I think Mishy85 though is looking for similar accomodation to what I would look for and would be happy to stay in. As she said earlier in the post, 12 months of travelling on a budget doesnt really allow you to be luxurious.. and if you can save $0.30 cents a night you will save it..

And I guess my other point is, you generally only find things when you are looking for them. My friends rented the house next door and told the landlord thier budget was 5 million a month.. they paid 4.8 million per month for the house plus electricity. My budget was 1.5 million a month and I got this same house for 1.6 million a month including electricity(which is the going rate for this place)..

Maybe I will put photos up of the house later on? or Bungalow.. Its clean, its nice but its simple. Thats all I need though. Also, personally I hate cable TV. If I had cable TV I wouldnt of ever learnt indonesian