mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
I know the issue I am about to broach has been covered in one aspect or another many times, but after much searching previous posts just can't find what I am seeking. My quest is for a bi-lingual notaris. A lawyer could do, but I may have to go to court and thus require a notaris.
The problem I have found in the past is people that can translate legal documents from Bahasa to English LITERALLY, but the result often makes little sense or only partial sense when trying to determine the INTENT of the legal clause. Some words translated just don't express the rationale for which they are intended from Bahasa to English. The result is for the English speaker to only get a gist of what is intended.
Not with the intention of making this too tedious; I just need someone that can convey what the focus of the language really is attempting.
I am looking for someone in the Sanur area (or just south or north) that can do the job at a reasonable (you figure that out) cost. Honesty and competence are essential.
Numerous legal documents must be deciphered.
People that are native speakers normally can't qualify because of their lack of legalese.
Your help will be graciously appreciated. Thanks Mugwump

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Since I made the original post, and the person mentioned seems to garner a lot of attention as an expert choice I have to make a report. I frankly found her comments leaving me a bit bewildered and no greater informed. As long as expats can be contained in a state of confusion rather than enlightened these folks will continue to attain their goal of complete obfuscation.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

Since I made the original post, and the person mentioned seems to garner a lot of attention as an expert choice I have to make a report. I frankly found her comments leaving me a bit bewildered and no greater informed. As long as expats can be contained in a state of confusion rather than enlightened these folks will continue to attain their goal of complete obfuscation.

I'd also forgotten my recommendation but am grateful for the opportunity to clarify what I was recommending: I've read quite a few articles by this lady and was impressed with her English language abilities and THAT IS ALL!

I agree with Muddy's sentiment that the less sense they make the more "clarification" we (bule) need and that this seems to hold true throughout the entire Indo legal system where it pertains to people (most of it).

One could argue that the freedom to interpret their laws how you wish was worth the confusion...

Last edited by a moderator:

tamaraofarabia

Jul 10, 2013
Dubai UAE
Thanks for your feedback .

Interested to hear if you found one with more clarity ?

tamaraofarabia

Jul 10, 2013
Dubai UAE
Thanks Markit.
I guess recommendations are far and few between where Notaries are concerned .
So us Newbies tend to reach out to whomever is mentioned on this forum.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks Markit.
I guess recommendations are far and few between where Notaries are concerned .
So us Newbies tend to reach out to whomever is mentioned on this forum.

It would aid the situation if you'd stop being so shy and tell us what AND where you need one for. They are like tools in a toolbox and each one is different and for a specific job. I can recommend one here in Karangasem or Lovina because I know and have used them.