matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Tango67 said:
It costs millions of rp for these local police to even join the academy so every little bit they get can help pay this back. The whole system is floored and they are just trying to survive within it?
From a latest report, the price has now increased to Rp100 million to secure a job in the police force. While this practice continues, the government can only pay lip-service to eradicating corruption. :icon_sad:

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Some police officers are finding ways of making money without distorting it illegally, like this guy who is now a celebrity.

[video=youtube;a-m4SxEvnXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-m4SxEvnXA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
So now our singing policeman has a name - Norman Camaru (or sometimes Noorman) - Google him and you will find plenty - here is one link
Wow...Briptu Norman Camaru Bersama Luna Maya - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community
of a forum discussion. Google translate can make sense of the post at the start of this thread - but cannot manage with much of the abbreviated chit chat.

Al Jazeera just featured him as an ambassador for Indonesian Police, and he has apparently performed on a number of TV programs already - and its only just 2 weeks since the YouTube clip was posted.

Good luck to him.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah...he's been on mayor tv shows, comparable to Oprah winfrey/David Letterman and Top of the Pops abroad.
Guess someone woke up and figured this aint bad for the police-image of Indonesia

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
He's done well considering the video was only made to cheer his buddy up next to him. See the piss of look on his face, thats what marriage will do to you :icon_wink:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
I gathered you've already figured out the title of the video as "Gorontalo Policeman loses it"

Now for a video more appropriate to the title of this particular string, " Policeman "Politician" loses it." :icon_lol:

[video=youtube;zJhEulsGaE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJhEulsGaE8[/video]

okta

Mar 21, 2011
Netherlands-North, Taman Griya
Sorry buddy but you're a fool, you should have said you only had 50,000 on you and if he didn't accept ask for a ticket. I got stopped here in Singaraja last year and they weren't even interested in money, I would of been happy to pay 50,000 than have to deal with all the admin crap that comes with it. Luckily my friends brother is a cop and helped me out

I should read this post earlier...
Last week I had to pay 200.000 for the police, I had no idea that 50 would be enough!!

I can see their eyes were all green when they saw My 200's..
They let me go and said theywere sorry that I had to pay

Last edited:

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Oh god no more Norman please lol, if you've watched any local TV over the last two weeks his face is all you'll see. The amount of press this guy has received would make Paris Hilton sick.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
:icon_lol:...maybe not long and norman also has to check in to rehab:icon_lol:

We've been speaking of bribes and korupsi, and paying off the police. Borborigmus just wrote another of his entertaining blog posts about his dance with the police and here is his final paragraph:

"Today's score: Cop 1, Vyt 0. Oh well, at least the money goes to his family. Back home, traffic fines go to Consolidated Revenue for the government to waste on yet another useless exercise in social engineering. Here, it's just your standard Bali re-distribution of wealth. And it was an entertaining and compassionate way to cut me down to size. I'm comfortable with that."
You can read the whole post here.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Now you see why all white people are seen as dollar signs on bikes. Korupsi will never disappear in Indonesia, just follow the rules & you won't have a problem.