summeropposite

Jun 3, 2010
So, it seems that the opening keeps getting pushed back - does anyone know when the airport is planning on opening? I'm hoping to do a quick recce trip in late September and would like to fly into Lombok instead of Bali (just for a change!)

Terima Kasih!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I was interested in this also. I did some Google searches and couldn't find an answer other than the project was being delayed. I emailed a website lombok-global.com and they said three years from now.

summeropposite

Jun 3, 2010
I was interested in this also. I did some Google searches and couldn't find an answer other than the project was being delayed. I emailed a website lombok-global.com and they said three years from now.

Thanks Spicyayam -I was in the Gili's in March and the general consensous (sp?) was that it would be open later this year. From what I've gathered on various internet sites, the 'soft opening' has been delayed until July of this year. From what I've seen over the past two years, costs to get to the Gili's from Bali are becoming more and more expensive (especially with the pound being so low). Will be interesting to see what impact the Lombok International Airport will have on tourism in the Gilis...(although now that trawanagan has had to get in private security and has lots of 5* villas...I fear for the islands resources in general - Just my HO)

Mr Jim

Jun 22, 2010
Never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been waiting 6 yrs,now.
Jam karet at it's best...
Drainage problems,theft of anything not set in cement and poor runway construction,is turning this into the ultimate example of corruption and incompetence.

Maybe in my lifetime:icon_cry:

Mr Jim

AndrewD

Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne
We were there last June. I know we are another year down the track but seriously, if that place is accepting flights anytime in the next five years, I'll be a monkey's uncle...

We were there last June. I know we are another year down the track but seriously, if that place is accepting flights anytime in the next five years, I'll be a monkey's uncle...

Last time i was in lombok and viewed a few temples all was answered when i asked who defaced many of the statues? surely it was not the Japanese nor the allied troops in WW2. Lombok has everything except one thing and that is its heading the way of some of Javas areas with a future of social vice bylaws. Last years public burning in daylight of so called dens of disreput in Mataram brought this issue to prominence.

Lombok will continue to suffer inter political/social/economic rivarly between those who believe it can be a future tourist mecca and those who prefer people live along the lines of those in mecca.

That being said, its not all bad with the afghan asylum seekers heading to australia housed in a mataram hotel.

Time will tell, although i for one will not be signing on any dotted line in relation to substantial investments in the area.