akucintabali

Aug 11, 2008
Is anybody able to post a copy of what the Sos bud invitation letter should look like? I have 2 very good friends in Bali both of whom have offered to be my sponsors however they are confused about how to write the invitation letter. One of them keeps telling me she'll ask her friend (has been for 2months) and of course Bali time is creeping away and I have been politely reminding her I need a letter from her inviting me to stay in Bali. My other resort is getting a 60day visa with hope I can get extensions with sponsorship or requesting sponsorship from an NGO which i'm currently applying to volunteer for. I would really prefer have a friend sponsor me and want to try and avoid the 60day visa due to the cost of visa runs and also the inconvenience. I have already booked an inward and outward flight from Bali giving myself 172 days. If anybody could help that would be absolutely fantastic!

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Ali, if you want to send me a PM and include your e-mail address, I’ll send you as a word document the letter my wife used to use when sponsoring me for my sos/bud visa. Your sponsor can then make the necessary revisions to fit your situation and your personal details.

VincentOG

Oct 23, 2006
Karangasem, Bali
Lucky you as I was drafting a sponsor letter this morning for my family who will be visiting.
Here it is.
I have used this format over many years without problems.
Insert your details or your sponsor’s etc where you see text in upper case

*********************************************************************************************************

Br ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S BANJAR
Desa ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S DESA
Bali ASSUMING YOUR SPONSOR LIVES IN BALI
Indonesia

ADD ADDRESS OF THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE TO WHICH YOU WILL BE APPLYING,
FOR EXAMPLE

Kepada Yth
Bapak Pimpinan Imigrasi
Kedutaan Besar Republik Indonesia
Di Bangkok, Thailand

OR

Kepada Yth
Bapak Pimpinan Imigrasi
Di Singapura

21 December 2008 ADD CURRENT DATE

Dengan Hormat

Yang bertanda tangan dibawah ini saya

Nama : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S NAME
Umur : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S AGE (Kelahiran: ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S PLACE & DATE OF BIRTH)
Alamat : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S ADDRESS
Pekerjaan : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S OCCUPATION
Nomor KTP : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S KTP NUMBER

Dengan ini menyatakan bahwa,

Nama : ADD YOUR NAME
Kebangsaan : ADD YOUR NAME NATIONALITY
Normor paspor : ADD YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER
Tempat - Tgl lahir : ADD YOUR DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH AS IN YOUR PASSPORT
Pekerjaan : ADD YOUR YOUR PROFESSION

Adalah kenalan saya yang akan ke Indonesia untuk mengadakan kunjungan kepada keluarga saya.
ADD YOUR NAME AS IT APPEARS IN YOUR PASSPORT, sejak lama kenal sebagai orang yang berkelakuan baik dan tidak pernah tersangkut urusan Kepolisian Republik Indonesia. Selama kunjungannya kepada saya, ia akan menjadi tanggung jawab dan dibawah pengawasan saya.
Demikian pernyataan ini saya buat dengan sejujur-jujurnya, agar menjadi perhatian Bapak seperlunya.
Untuk itu saya mengucapkan banyak terima kasih.

Hormat saya

ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S NAME & SIGNATURE
Sponsor

akucintabali

Aug 11, 2008
Hi Vincent!
Thank you so much as well for that! i'll send that on to my sponsor too. Thanks for all the help guys. It's been brilliant :D

meerkat

Nov 14, 2011
Ubud
Lucky you as I was drafting a sponsor letter this morning for my family who will be visiting.
Here it is.
I have used this format over many years without problems.
Insert your details or your sponsor’s etc where you see text in upper case

*********************************************************************************************************

Br ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S BANJAR
Desa ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S DESA
Bali ASSUMING YOUR SPONSOR LIVES IN BALI
Indonesia

ADD ADDRESS OF THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE TO WHICH YOU WILL BE APPLYING,
FOR EXAMPLE

Kepada Yth
Bapak Pimpinan Imigrasi
Di Bangkok, Thailand

OR

Kepada Yth
Bapak Pimpinan Imigrasi
Di Singapura

21 December 2008 ADD CURRENT DATE

Dengan Hormat

Yang bertanda tangan dibawah ini saya

Nama : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S NAME
Umur : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S AGE (Kelahiran: ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S PLACE & DATE OF BIRTH)
Alamat : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S ADDRESS
Pekerjaan : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S OCCUPATION
Nomor KTP : ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S KTP NUMBER

Dengan ini menyatakan bahwa,

Nama : ADD YOUR NAME
Kebangsaan : ADD YOUR NAME NATIONALITY
Normor paspor : ADD YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER
Tempat - Tgl lahir : ADD YOUR DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH AS IN YOUR PASSPORT
Pekerjaan : ADD YOUR YOUR PROFESSION

Adalah kenalan saya yang akan ke Indonesia untuk mengadakan kunjungan kepada keluarga saya.
ADD YOUR NAME AS IT APPEARS IN YOUR PASSPORT, sejak lama kenal sebagai orang yang berkelakuan baik dan tidak pernah tersangkut urusan Kepolisian Republik Indonesia. Selama kunjungannya kepada saya, ia akan menjadi tanggung jawab dan dibawah pengawasan saya.
Demikian pernyataan ini saya buat dengan sejujur-jujurnya, agar menjadi perhatian Bapak seperlunya.
Untuk itu saya mengucapkan banyak terima kasih.

Hormat saya

ADD YOUR SPONSOR’S NAME & SIGNATURE
Sponsor

Thanks for this...can anyone update for 2012 ... any changes?

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
How many times must I reprint my Sosial Budaya sample letter? I don't mind helping, but maybe all you guys should download it once and for all and use it when needed, bukan?

This is the sponsorship letter I have been using for my Sosial Budaya, very successfully I must add, over the last ten or so years.

Dear Mr. Big Boss at Imigrasi,

How's business in the Ibu Kota? Here, in bum-fu ck Kintamani, everything is hunky-dory. I hope that my monthly contribution for your "ceremonies," which I gave to Officer Wayan last week when he kindly visited us in the village, was large enough to satisfy your Gods.

I write this letter to ask you to review positively the application for a sosial budaya by my VERY dear cousin (insert name of the applicant), who wishes to come and visit me and my family in this God-forsaken place, next (insert proper date).

My dear cousin (insert name) is a man (or woman) of outstanding character, both moral and financial. Each time he (she) comes, he (she) brings me some good shi t from his home country which is hard to match in quality with the junk presently available on the Island. (Insert name again) is also very much appreciated by the people of my village, as he (she) is very generous with his (her) nose candy, which he (she) distributes freely during our weekly wild parties at the Bale Banjar, and which I know you personally enjoy very much. Without his (her) generosity, we couldn't possibly afford these weekly gatherings, believe me.

Also, my dear cousin is an asset to the village for the sex education he (she) provides (at no cost to the village, I must add) to everyone under the age of 10. Since we don't yet have any TVs or other form of entertainment in this dog-gone f*****g place of ours, these activities keep the kids off the street, thus contributing greatly to the peace in our village.

Obviously, my dear cousin (insert name once more) is a person of means, with money coming out of his (her) a as: a real walking ATM machine. (FYI, he (she) was a personal friend and associate of financial genius Bernard Madoff, now retired). So, no problem there as far as the financial support is concerned. As for his (her) whereabouts during his (her) stay in Bali, between the drunken and pot parties and busy "teaching" schedule, he (she) hardly leaves the banjar, so your colleagues wont have any problem finding him (her) for their periodic shake-downs.

I therefore hope you will view my dear cousin's request for a visit positively.

Looking forward to seeing at our next party,

Sincerely,

Prof Dr. I.B.W.X.Y.Z Made