Second home visa - guarantor letter

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Did a few 2 weeks missions in Moscou several years ago. In construction, means not with the elite.... But saw and learned a few things.
Concerning those here, there may some dubious characters among them, but I don't think it is a majority.
I had other negative experiences which formed my opinion , eg the taxi mafia at the airport in st petersburg , paying in $ only ,50 to anywhere a lot of hidden guns, heavy security at the hotels , moscow a lot of scared people at higher levels in industry , , on a few occasions some pressure for deliveries to go thro this named logistics company, of course expensive etc etc .
I reported back to partners what was going on in their production unit , they closed operation .
A lot of western companies pulled out bcs of the difficulties of doing business there pre war .
Not a pleasant place Imo.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Please help us all to follow your endeavors in attempting to get this visa.

I've been trying to wade through the many, many idiocies engendered in this example of what the kids get up to when the only adult has left the room now since it originally was published several months ago.

My results so far: no one, not even immigrations understand what it means or how to apply it.

If I was you I'd really wait until it has been applied a few times before investing any money or effort in trying to apply for it.

I thought about listing all the conflicting ideas in it but there are so many I gave up.

Good luck.

OK do following getting scammed for a few hundred dollars (another story) by someone pretending to be from immigration I have finally applied and been approved for this visa - literally the approval took 30 minutes.

Its an offshore process
Guarantor letter for conduct
Proof of insurance (travel insurance was accepted)
Proof of Covid vaccine
Proof of 2 billion Rp

When I arrive I have 90 days to show the money in an Indonesian owned account - This would be Mandiri as I already have an account. They then issue the ITAS and IMK.

I am having problems with the companion application unfortunately but I guess it will work at some point.

Reactions: britoo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
OK do following getting scammed for a few hundred dollars (another story) by someone pretending to be from immigration I have finally applied and been approved for this visa - literally the approval took 30 minutes.

Its an offshore process
Guarantor letter for conduct
Proof of insurance (travel insurance was accepted)
Proof of Covid vaccine
Proof of 2 billion Rp

When I arrive I have 90 days to show the money in an Indonesian owned account - This would be Mandiri as I already have an account. They then issue the ITAS and IMK.

I am having problems with the companion application unfortunately but I guess it will work at some point.
So you are ready and willing to leave 2 billion rupiah untouched in your Mandiri account for the full stretch of your visa (5 or 10 years? )?

Reactions: Balifrog

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Yes. Details please! Who contacted who?
It was a fake imigrasi account on mes
So you are ready and willing to leave 2 billion rupiah untouched in your Mandiri account for the full stretch of your visa (5 or 10 years?

Of course not. You are free to use your money provided if requested you can show it in an Indonesian bank within 90 days.

I will place in a high interest BPR account where it has been for the last 2 years

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

Of course not. You are free to use your money provided if requested you can show it in an Indonesian bank within 90 days.

I will place in a high interest BPR account where it has been for the last 2 years
Many thanks for your kind replies,

Ahhh I wasn't aware that that was accepted procedure for the SH visa. How many years is it initially for?

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Many thanks for your kind replies,

Ahhh I wasn't aware that that was accepted procedure for the SH visa. How many years is it initially for?
There are many unknowns. I think they expect you to leave the money in the bank but there are no legal binds to that at the moment. A loss of 4% on 2 billion would count me out and I guess everyone else

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
There are many unknowns. I think they expect you to leave the money in the bank but there are no legal binds to that at the moment. A loss of 4% on 2 billion would count me out and I guess everyone else
That loss would be compounded yearly so assuredly no one would be so foolish.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
That loss would be compounded yearly so assuredly no one would be so foolish.
Agreed,

I have already spoken to Mandiri and my BPR to confirm movement possible. I suppose I could take the new 6.5% government bond through Mandiri, that should still count

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali

The Statement of Commitment that you must sign when applying for the visa/Kitas states as per the attached screenshot. I assume this is a legally binding document.

You can see the English version of the Statement of Commitment on pages 11 and 12 of the Circular (Surat Edaran) here in the link:

Surat Edaran Second Home

Attachments

• 1678338499455.png
    1678338499455.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 8

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
The Letter of Commitment that you must sign when applying for the visa/Kitas states as per the attached screenshot. I assume this is a legally binding document.

You can see the English version of the Statement of Commitment on pages 11 and 12 of the Circular (Surat Edaran) here in the link:

Surat Edaran Second Home
Certainly there is a commitment but then there is other government documentation stating that you can use funds but must present proof later as required within 90 days.

If that means I need to keep within my Mandiri portfolio such as buying government bonds it's not the worst thing - a 2.5% term deposit would be the worst thing!!!

Reactions: matsaleh

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Certainly there is a commitment but then there is other government documentation stating that you can use funds but must present proof later as required within 90 days.

If that means I need to keep within my Mandiri portfolio such as buying government bonds it's not the worst thing - a 2.5% term deposit would be the worst thing!!!

What other documentation have you been given or sighted? The Surat Edaran states that the proof of funds are needed within 90 days of receiving the ITAS, however the SE also states you must show proof of funds at any other time, if asked. There is no mention of a time-frame to show that proof.

From the Surat Edaran (Google translated)

CHAPTER IV

IMMIGRATION CONTROL OF SECOND HOME ITAS/ITAP HOLDERS

1. Immigration Supervision of Second Home ITAS/ITAP holders is carried out in accordance with statutory regulations.

2. In the event that an alleged violation of the statement of commitment is found, the Head of the Immigration Office can ask the holder of a Second Home Stay Permit to show recent accounts, latest bank statement, proof of legal property ownership in Indonesia or supporting documents.

3. In the event that a Foreigner holding a Second Home Stay Permit violates a statement of commitment, cannot show proof of funds or supporting documents as referred to in number 2, the Stay Permit for Foreigners and their Followers can be canceled and subject to Immigration Administrative Actions in the form of Deportation.

Screenshot from page 5 of the original Surat Edaran, as attached previously.

Attachments

• 1678357844478.png
    1678357844478.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 4

pantaiema

Sep 3, 2023

I fail to understand how will you keep your promise as stated in your original statement you submitted as part of your original application for SH visa application ?
"I do not transfer, divert and/or make as as collateral the Proof of Fund as referred to in No1. as long as I hold only one Second Home Stay Permit for any reason"

Last edited:

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
I fail to understand how will you keep your promise as stated in your original statement you submitted as part of your original application for SH visa application ?
"I do not transfer, divert and/or make as as collateral the Proof of Fund as referred to in No1. as long as I hold only one Second Home Stay Permit for any reason"
Absolutely,

The information I posted last year was from an agent website and was misleading. What you are free to do is invest the money within the state bank be it term deposit, savings or investment shares. You can however be asked to provide the evidence of funds within 90 days.

Now a year in to my visa and whilst the return so far on my capital is leas than handsome I very happy with the 2nd home visa. I am now at the age where an annual retirement visa is possible but feel the convenience of the second home visa is much better for me .

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
Absolutely,

The information I posted last year was from an agent website and was misleading. What you are free to do is invest the money within the state bank be it term deposit, savings or investment shares. You can however be asked to provide the evidence of funds within 90 days.

Now a year in to my visa and whilst the return so far on my capital is leas than handsome I very happy with the 2nd home visa. I am now at the age where an annual retirement visa is possible but feel the convenience of the second home visa is much better for me .
Metter,

out of interest did you explore the option of holding the bond as property rather than as cash in the bank. I was given to understand one could purchase property presumably under an HP arrangement and this could be held as the bond. It was all a bit up in the air back then mind.

Do you know if this indeed was or is an option?

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Metter,

out of interest did you explore the option of holding the bond as property rather than as cash in the bank. I was given to understand one could purchase property presumably under an HP arrangement and this could be held as the bond. It was all a bit up in the air back then mind.

This was certainly not an option at the time. It was 2 Billion Rp in the bank ( now the figure is in USD ) or luxury accommodation in excess of 5 Billion ( I think it may have been 10 Billion for Bali ).

Even on the new version of the visa K don't think the bond option is clear and is not the same amount as cash in the bank, although this may have changed again.

pantaiema

Sep 3, 2023
Metter,

Yes it is an option:
They now have a few New options Via investment and/or retirement Route
E28A (GENERAL INVESTMENT) Evidence of share ownership of at least Rp10,000,000,000.00 (10b rupiah) - 2 YEARS
E28C (PURCHASE Indonesian BONDS or STOCKS) USD 350.000 - 5 YEARS
E33 (SECOND HOME) - Deposit funds in an account under your name at a state-owned bank with a value of US$ 130,000 or Purchase property in Indonesia such as an apartment/flat house with a value of US$1,000,000 - 5 YEARS
E33E (Silver Hair) if you are 60+ have US$3,000 pm monthly Income + US$50,000 in a state-owned bank) - 5 YEARS
E33F (Retirement) if you are 60+ with monhtly income of US$3,000 proven by monthly US$3,000pm coming to bank account - 1 YEAR

The easiest Route is thorough Family Reunion, e.g if you marry an Indonesian Citizen or marry a person who is holding ITAS/ITAP in Indonesia

Last edited:

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
They are all out of my price range except the Second home bank deposit.

The 60+ silver hair 5 year E33E sounds perfect but that's 4 years away and will have changed many times by then.

The property option for a house or flat at $1,000,000 USD is unbelievable.

The bonds purchase $350k USD is interesting as there are some good government bonds but many can't be purchased by non-Indoesian's
Yes it is an option:
They now have a few New options Via investment and/or retirement Route
E28A (GENERAL INVESTMENT) Evidence of share ownership of at least Rp10,000,000,000.00 (10b rupiah) - 2 YEARS
E28C (PURCHASE Indonesian BONDS or STOCKS) USD 350.000 - 5 YEARS
E33 (SECOND HOME) - Deposit funds in an account under your name at a state-owned bank with a value of US$ 130,000 or Purchase property in Indonesia such as an apartment/flat house with a value of US$1,000,000 - 5 YEARS
E33E (Silver Hair) if you are 60+ have US$3,000 pm monthly Income + US$50,000 in a state-owned bank) - 5 YEARS
E33F (Retirement) if you are 60+ with monhtly income of US$3,000 proven by monthly US$3,000pm coming to bank account - 1 YEAR

The easiest Route is thorough Family Reunion, e.g if you marry an Indonesian Citizen or marry a person who is holding ITAS/ITAP in Indonesia

Last edited: