The bigger the swindle the better chance of getting away.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Former Malaysian Prime Minister, Najib Razak is now supposed to go to gaol but is desperately trying to move UMNO to new elections which might enable the parliament to drop all charges against the great embezzler. Meanwhile in Germany it has been found that a ship building program also engineered by Najib in 2010 with a RM9 billion contract has yet to produce a single boat. Moreover RM1 billion has disappeared and cannot be accounted for. An Australian, Gordon Hargreaves, employee of major arms manufacturer, Rheinmetall, helped set up a convoluted ordering process to elude transparency and recently, as heat developed, stepped down from his pivotal role and handed the CEO job to a young inexperienced secretary incapable of explaining the complicated maneuvering of money.

Another of Najib's deals for submarine building by a French company also involved massive bribes. One can't help but wonder if Australia's cancellations of a multi billion dollar nuclear submarine development with a French company was at all influenced by the Malaysian revelations. Ironically Australia, having pulled out of the deal, is now having to pay $584 million in compensation to the French company.

It all reminds me of then Prime Minister Tony Blair's response to calls for an enquiry with the exposure of multi million dollar bribes involving sales of weaponry to Saudi Arabia. Blair asserted that an enquiry was not in the national interest.

• Wow
Reactions: sakumabali

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Yes. it looks like a great read. Maybe some day it will turn up second hand and I can afford to buy it. I wonder how much Jho Low paid out for board and lodgings in China.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Thanks for the link but confounded by the download process. (In statistics, a confounder is a variable that influences both the dependent variable and independent variable, causing a spurious association. Confounding is a causal concept, and as such, cannot be described in terms of correlations or associations.)
Confounded or confused? Either way no luck. One attempt just produced gobblygook and others offering Adobe or Google Appsl. With Google and Microsoft taking over everything and demanding 9 item passwords which I then forget I got stuck. There must be a simple, no fee way of downloading this? Any suggestions, please?

I very much enjoyed Rosmah's response to the judges passing sentence of 10 years and RM970 million fine. ""Nobody saw me taking the money, nobody saw me counting the money.... but if that's the conclusion, I leave it to God." So in her mind she feels innocent. Our capacity for rationalizing when we are at fault is limitless.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks for the link but confounded by the download process. (In statistics, a confounder is a variable that influences both the dependent variable and independent variable, causing a spurious association. Confounding is a causal concept, and as such, cannot be described in terms of correlations or associations.)
Confounded or confused? Either way no luck. One attempt just produced gobblygook and others offering Adobe or Google Appsl. With Google and Microsoft taking over everything and demanding 9 item passwords which I then forget I got stuck. There must be a simple, no fee way of downloading this? Any suggestions, please?

I very much enjoyed Rosmah's response to the judges passing sentence of 10 years and RM970 million fine. ""Nobody saw me taking the money, nobody saw me counting the money.... but if that's the conclusion, I leave it to God." So in her mind she feels innocent. Our capacity for rationalizing when we are at fault is limitless.
You need to have a reader that understands the epub format. I read only on my phone and have always used the free app FBreader which understands pretty much every format out there. Download FBreader first to your phone then the book file, open it in the reader and Bob's your father's brother.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
You need to have a reader that understands the epub format. I read only on my phone and have always used the free app FBreader which understands pretty much every format out there. Download FBreader first to your phone then the book file, open it in the reader and Bob's your father's brother.
Actually Bob was my half brother but was a heavy smoker and karked it with his first radio therapy in his 50s. I use a laptop so not sure where to go with that.

harryopal

May 5, 2016

harryopal

May 5, 2016
You're so lucky the world isn't just full of technical shit.
Funny you should say that. This morning opening google, up comes a page for 1bestlink.net and explaining this can then access information from a variety of sites which I use. So I look for a review as to the legitimacy of this site. A site called Scammer check suggests 1bestlink.net is legitimate and not a scam site. So I then look for a review of the Scammer site which says Scammer site just copies reviews from elsewhere and is unreliable. The google page with 1bestlink.net offers a choice.... accept or cancel. So I try cancel but nothing happens.... just the rotating symbol suggesting something is processing but it never cancels.

As the big two, Google and Microsoft take over more and more web activities there are more requests for 9 digit passwords and I finish up not knowing whether I am Arthur or Martha... or more to the point can't remember passwords despite pops ups that say the password will be kept. Whenever I have these problems I imagine I am in a tank with computer operated weaponry and there is a fellow down the road running towards me with a bazooka. When I press the button to fire the response comes... Error 441. The fellow is now raising the bazooka and is lining me up. I try again and the system says... contact administrator.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Does Malaysia have a special school where executives can learn how to swindle massive amounts of money? I ask the question as there is a Malaysian born Singapore based character known as "Fat Leonard" who has done a runner after cutting off his ankle monitor while on home detention awaiting sentencing in the US having fleeced the US navy over several decades and enabling the process by bribing and paying for sex parties with some 400 US Navy personnel, including 60 admirals caught up in the grand scheme. An Australian naval Lieutenant Commander was also caught up in the corruption.

The ABC is carrying the full details. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05...l-australian-navy/9663558?nw=0&r=HtmlFragment