Guess What Happened?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
This week something that could be a crucial change for Bali occurred when the long awaited Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road broke ground In Pekutatan, Jembrana.
Perhaps this event will permit some relief in the future to over crowded South Bali, allow tourism to expand, create options for ex-pat locations and most certainly shorter trips for those of us in West Bali who have had to meander south slowly and often at certain risk.
Recent years have seen some expansion here with an increase in surfers and new hotels, but with the advent of increased population and the necessities of life with super markets and other amenities comes the opportunity to lessen the need for going south.
For the Balinese certainly there will be an expansion in jobs that shall allow family members to stay at home with a more diverse economy.
And finally another development that may or not be appealing to this person is the theme park which although providing a boon to the local economy may have some negative aspects with crowds of tourists rather than seldom visited beaches and the tranquility of a sparse population.

Reactions: sakumabali

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I wonder why there are no detailed information (map/plan) ? In Europe everyone would know every m2 of the new toll road project. Mengwi is a big district...

Last edited:

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
I wonder why there are no detailed information (map/plan) ? In Europe everyone would know every m2 of the new toll road project. Mengwi is a big district...

Look for my response under #17,

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks Aurora. I googled that one too...I was looking for more details. There will be a new bike path in Germany. Even this has (after endless discussions & law suits "the cyclists can look into MY garden") a better map ;)

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
From what I understand the first segment is Gilimanuk-Pekutatan, the next Pekutatan-Soka, and the next from Soka is unknown to me but from Soka to Mengwi seems like a reasonable link.

Reactions: sakumabali