Cost of an IMB in Tabanan

LosABA

Mar 13, 2021
How is the cost of an IMB in Tabanan regency calculated, and what are the numbers used?

I understand location, square footage, number of floors, and the roof type factor in, but I'm trying to budget in the IMB to my building costs and finding it difficult.

My plan is to build a 170 square meter villa with 2 bedrooms, 2 floors, and a flat concrete roof - however - a friend is insisting the IMB for this will cost hundreds of millions IDR, vs 15 million IDR for a one story 100 square meter villa.

The cost difference does make sense and its difficult to find specifics so I'm hoping someone can share details.

Information about specific IMB costs in Badung and Gianyar would be helpful too. THANKS!

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
How is the cost of an IMB in Tabanan regency calculated, and what are the numbers used?

I understand location, square footage, number of floors, and the roof type factor in, but I'm trying to budget in the IMB to my building costs and finding it difficult.

My plan is to build a 170 square meter villa with 2 bedrooms, 2 floors, and a flat concrete roof - however - a friend is insisting the IMB for this will cost hundreds of millions IDR, vs 15 million IDR for a one story 100 square meter villa.

The cost difference does make sense and its difficult to find specifics so I'm hoping someone can share details.

Information about specific IMB costs in Badung and Gianyar would be helpful too. THANKS!
In Gianyar, the IMB cost for a private house is based on a formula taking into account the total build area per your plans, including swimming pool. In our case the fee was approximately Rp.7,000 per square meter. This is based on a DIY IMB, not hiring an agent. If you do that, who knows what it will cost, suffice it to say a lot more... Your 'friend' wouldn't by chance be your potential IMB agent?

In any event, my advice is to go to your local government office yourself to get the info for Badung. Bring your plans, if you have them. They won't bite, and they should be able to set you straight. If language is an issue, bring a disinterested local friend to help you translate.

Reactions: LosABA

LosABA

Mar 13, 2021
In Gianyar, the IMB cost for a private house is based on a formula taking into account the total build area per your plans, including swimming pool. In our case the fee was approximately Rp.7,000 per square meter. This is based on a DIY IMB, not hiring an agent. If you do that, who knows what it will cost, suffice it to say a lot more... Your 'friend' wouldn't by chance be your potential IMB agent?

In any event, my advice is to go to your local government office yourself to get the info for Badung. Bring your plans, if you have them. They won't bite, and they should be able to set you straight. If language is an issue, bring a disinterested local friend to help you translate.

Thanks Mark! And was the price of the IMB affected by the number of floors? This is also a private residence that I'm planning for, but the claim is that the second floor is what is driving up the cost - not the additional square meters, just the fact that the house would have a second story, and a flat concrete roof instead of tiled.

And to answer your question, the friend is an actual friend, but his contact is an agent. I was aware of that possible conflict of interest. I'll take your advice and visit the government office. That would be the BKPM office, right?

Thanks for the advice. Straightest advice I've received so far.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Thanks Mark! And was the price of the IMB affected by the number of floors? This is also a private residence that I'm planning for, but the claim is that the second floor is what is driving up the cost - not the additional square meters, just the fact that the house would have a second story, and a flat concrete roof instead of tiled.

And to answer your question, the friend is an actual friend, but his contact is an agent. I was aware of that possible conflict of interest. I'll take your advice and visit the government office. That would be the BKPM office, right?

Thanks for the advice. Straightest advice I've received so far.
You're welcome... I am not aware that the IMB price is affected by the number of floors. We have two floors, and weren't advised that this was the case. Initially, we were told the price was going to be roughly Rp. 10,000 psm of built area, however in the end it was less (Rp. 7,000 psm), I believe because the pool area was charged at a lower rate than covered areas.

Regarding the roof being flat, that can be an issue in some areas. Legally, all buildings in Bali should incorporate elements of Balinese architecture, sloped roofs being one of them. However, these days this regulation is observed mostly in the breach, especially in South Bali.

In any event, I highly recommend that you DIY your IMB if possible. It's an interesting learning experience and you might be surprised how friendly and efficient government offices here in Bali have become. The correct government agency for an IMB in Tabanan is located here: https://dpmptsp.tabanankab.go.id/kontak-kami/. And below is their checklist of documents you will need, along with forms... Good luck!

Attachments

• IMB Tabanan.pdf
    273.5 KB · Views: 8