Create a petition for the Au gov't to lift travel ban

lise

Nov 6, 2002
I'm thinking we should get a petition drafted and do a massive e-mailing of it, then forward it to the Australian Government asking them to lift the travel ban or at least downgrade the warning. I would draft it myself but I'm not in Bali right now and don't have first hand knowledge of the current climate, and don't have knowledge of Australian tourism trends etc. It seems like that persuading the Au. gov't to lift that ban is the single most important thing we could do to get the tourism flowing again. Between all of the BTF users and their friends/family etc. back in each of their home countries, and all of you, we could get thousands of people to sign this. Any suggestions on who could be a good draftsperson?

lise

Reactions: OrangeDragon

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Two things
  1. why is your post dated Nov 7 2002
  2. the Indonesian government itself has banned travel to Bali till January 14 so no point In petitioning the Australian government.

Reactions: Rellek and tel522

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
This is not the first one I saw . The forum calendar caught the millenium bug ?

Thanks, I had to manually adjust the date. It is not possible to change the date by default. Lise joined in 2002 and was last active in 2007, since then there have been two changes in software, so I am not surprised there was some kind of problem.

Welcome back @lise!

Reactions: Balifrog

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Instead of using tunnel vision and pointing it only at the Ozzies how about we insist the Bali is the first island to be fully vaccinated against the Rona?

Then anyone can come and not just the Ozzies that can't leave their country anyway...

Reactions: Rellek