To set up a business in Bali

RJackson

May 20, 2020
Hello,

I am looking for lawyer recommendations who can help with business set up.

Thank you.

realworld

Apr 1, 2020
Hello,

I am looking for lawyer recommendations who can help with business set up.

Thank you.
Are you sure you are ready to do business in Bali ? when your first ? is how do i do it, then you want a recomendation for a lawyer who arguable are the most corrupt you will meet who will help you, unless you have the greatest invention of the last decade please keep sunbathing and love the Balinese after the first trip as the rest of us. enjoy the food and beach and keep your whatever currency in your local bank.

Reactions: tel522

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Are you sure you are ready to do business in Bali ? when your first ? is how do i do it, then you want a recomendation for a lawyer who arguable are the most corrupt you will meet who will help you, unless you have the greatest invention of the last decade please keep sunbathing and love the Balinese after the first trip as the rest of us. enjoy the food and beach and keep your whatever currency in your local bank.
Your reply could have been mine - except I disagree, the OP isn't asking "how do I do it" but "who can give me good legal advise" and that's a whole different thing. I can't advise the OP cause I've never had to use a lawyer here but I still think it's a valid request to ask those that have had good lawyer experiences to recommend.

Reactions: RJackson

RJackson

May 20, 2020
Thank you for your ignorant response but just because you see the difficulty in operating a business in Bali doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

I have substantial experience operating in South East Asia and so know the pitfalls. I simply just want a recommendation on a good lawyer, not a pessimistic response that provides no value to anyone.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
My wife is a lawyer, but most company registrations are handled by consultants who specialize in this kind of thing. There are a few famous ones like Okusi and Cekindo. I would start by contacting one of these companies and see if they can help.

Reactions: kellysmall1