SUPERBOWL GAME?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Every year some sports bar in South Bali provides viewing of the US National Football League game aka Super bowl. It is kind of a traveling roadshow in that it seemingly is never held at the same place twice.
At approximately 7:30 am on Monday January 29th. it will be shown..........but where? Does anyone know for sure?
It is of no value to phone a sports bar as the local person answering the phone doesn't know US football from Ethiopian ping pong. There has to be some fellow nut out there somewhere that has this information, and I would love it to be in Sanur where I stay. Please respond and thanks for your help.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Hi mugwump, I believe that the Super bowl will start at 7:30am Bali time on Monday 5th February... Don't know any places in Sanur but most probably Melting Pot in Ubud will show it as they have in past years.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi mugwump, I believe that the Super bowl will start at 7:30am Bali time on Monday 5th February... Don't know any places in Sanur but most probably Melting Pot in Ubud will show it as they have in past years.
You are quite right! It is Monday February 5th. Hope to follow the game better than reading the calendar.
Thanks for mentioning the Melting Pot as well as the correction, and have been there before. It is very likely, but just hoped to find some location nearer to Sanur.

hecta

Sep 22, 2013
What about Jimmy's Sports Bar, JL Danau Toba, Sanur? I know it's a great place for AFL but they might show your weird game.

Craig Swanson

Nov 29, 2017
in the early 90's the Super Bowl was shown on RCTI I think. It was taped delayed and the person editing it down to fit in the timeslot didn't know the game. It was almost unwatchable. They would edit out touchdowns but show the extra points. I even remember they had the third quarter before the 2nd quarter one time.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
in the early 90's the Super Bowl was shown on RCTI I think. It was taped delayed and the person editing it down to fit in the timeslot didn't know the game. It was almost unwatchable. They would edit out touchdowns but show the extra points. I even remember they had the third quarter before the 2nd quarter one time.
The Eagles won, but thanks for your input.

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
for about 60 minutes of TV time you only get about 10 minutes of actual game time. It's so awfully boring game, they need scantly clad chicks doing aerobics to keep you awake.
And when they "play", it means you can see overweight and over payd concussion monkeys slamming into each other as hard as they can because hey, if you got all the f'n padding, why not.
It's truly boring game. Only American baseball is more boring.

rugby_2018-02-02_13-39-11.jpg

Reactions: hecta