Buffet breakfast in Sanur

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure about Sanur but if you are close to Patai Kuta, between 12-14, there is a guy, cross the street from AlamKulul hotel, on the beach side, under a tree, with a scooter and he sells the best lunch I had in Kuta. It only costs about 6000 IDR (rice and chicken). All the local eat there.
This fine establishment is basically a guy with a scooter and plastic bags hanging off the handlebars. No fork, no spoon, no plate - be ready to eat with your hand. Meat is wrapped in a banana leaf and rice is folded in a paper. Awesome stuff.

Reactions: dav733

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Not sure about Sanur but if you are close to Patai Kuta, between 12-14, there is a guy, cross the street from AlamKulul hotel, on the beach side, under a tree, with a scooter and he sells the best lunch I had in Kuta. It only costs about 6000 IDR (rice and chicken). All the local eat there.
This fine establishment is basically a guy with a scooter and plastic bags hanging off the handlebars. No fork, no spoon, no plate - be ready to eat with your hand. Meat is wrapped in a banana leaf and rice is folded in a paper. Awesome stuff.

Why did you wait such a long time for an answer? Poor Begonia has died of starvation...

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
I noticed how old this post was after I had posted the reply :)
I hope they found food in Sanur. I think it's almost impossible not to find food over there.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
I don't know about Begonia, but that is always the question in my mind about every ten-twelve days when overnighting in Sanur on my southward trek seeking provisions unavailable in West Bali.
There are plenty of restaurants, but if anyone out there has suggestions about good places to eat I would be delighted to know. My quest is beyond breakfast for a good lunch and dinner.
Thanks

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Hi hi just as. A matter of interest did you find a good brekky on that day,,,
Finally I had a buffet breakfast in a “old” hotel right at the beach, I am not sure about the name, I think Sindhu beach, at least the hotel was on the street going to Shindu beach and was quite cheap for a buffet, if I am not wrong 100.000 rp and for a person who eats on rice, nasi campur, tempeh, tahu and pindang almost daily it was a truly banquete and fiesta, it was really special and a treat for myself!

dav733

Dec 29, 2016
Finally I had a buffet breakfast in a “old” hotel right at the beach, I am not sure about the name, I think Sindhu beach, at least the hotel was on the street going to Shindu beach and was quite cheap for a buffet, if I am not wrong 100.000 rp and for a person who eats on rice, nasi campur, tempeh, tahu and pindang almost daily it was a truly banquete and fiesta, it was really special and a treat for myself!
Excellent ..will try it..

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA

If this is indeed the Sindhu Beach Hotel where you had bft, it is really an old, venerable hotel!

Last edited:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
In 1984, I visited Indonesia for the first time . I spent 3 weeks in Java and slowly found my way to Bali. My last 4 - 5 days were in Bali, more precisely in Sanur, at the Sindhu Beach hotel. Here are few pictures of the beach, July 1984, just in front of this hotel and of the ocean!:p:p:p:pimg6286.jpgimg6287.jpg

Last edited: