Fishing in Bali

Clayton

Oct 17, 2017
Are there any fisherman out there? I have been deep sea jigging a few times and landed some cracking Big Reds but i am looking for some good spots to beach fish.
I have seen a vid of someone landing a GT off one of the beaches but no idea which beach it was.
Anybody know any good beach spots on Bali?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Are there any fisherman out there? I have been deep sea jigging a few times and landed some cracking Big Reds but i am looking for some good spots to beach fish.
I have seen a vid of someone landing a GT off one of the beaches but no idea which beach it was.
Anybody know any good beach spots on Bali?
I will soon be accused of being in the real estate business, since this will be the third time I have boosted West Bali in the past week. In order to honestly answer your question have to say that West Bali is a reasonable destination. It means surf casting as the method unless you choose to just cast with a substantial sinker and wait for the tide to come in.
It is truly unfortunate that we no longer have a personal message option on this site because an in-depth conversation between two fishermen is going to bore the Hell out of everyone else.
I have attempted similar questions such as yours in the past and never received interested replies.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
I will soon be accused of being in the real estate business, since this will be the third time I have boosted West Bali in the past week. In order to honestly answer your question have to say that West Bali is a reasonable destination. It means surf casting as the method unless you choose to just cast with a substantial sinker and wait for the tide to come in.
It is truly unfortunate that we no longer have a personal message option on this site because an in-depth conversation between two fishermen is going to bore the Hell out of everyone else.
I have attempted similar questions such as yours in the past and never received interested replies.
In reflection I should add that about every 10 days I must evacuate from my hibernation and hazard a trip south for provisions. When that happens I would be happy to meet and discuss fishing with you. If you reply I will be able to suggest a meeting in Sanur and when.

Clayton

Oct 17, 2017
Haha this wouold not be the first time I have bored other people with fishing talk i am sure!
So west Bali hey, what parts have you tried out? I have tried at Canggu but not much further north, did not have much luck as i was loosing rigs on submerged rocks alot.
I am not in Bali at the moment but should be back for a visit in December and then for a long spell from March, would be good to meet up and chat. We are looking into setting up a branch of our business there so if it goes well the move to Bali might be premanent - which gives me plenty of time to talk fishing and check out all the spots! :)

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
We take a boat out ... our guy caught 6 mackeral yesterday ..... i have heard good stories fishing from echo beach rocks, nice red emperor ....same east bali, over candidasa way