Calling Ubud expats!

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
We have been in Ubud for the better part of the last year and love it except we don't have many friends here.

Where do you guys hang out? We're a friendly bunch, the wife and I, and although we are Americans, please don't hold that against us! We're retired and active for our ages, we like to scuba dive (why we're here, kind of) and, oh I don't know what to say, ... we won't spend a lot of time talking about politics if you don't!

Or better we should meet people by walking up to people on the street and saying hello?

- Bill & Emily

Reactions: jiker69

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
We are part of a group that gets together for drinks and meal on Friday afternoons and movies on Mondays. This coming Friday 6th we are meeting about 9 Km out at Warung Balifornia (it's pinned on Google Maps) from around 4:45. Let us know if you can come so we get the approx count right. Check it on TripAdvisor.

Reactions: jiker69

SurreySteve

Mar 3, 2017
I'd love to know of any expat groups in the Seminyak, Denpasar and Sanur areas....British, European, Australian even American (at a push! LOL!) or,even better, any mixed local/expat groups where I can improve my Bahasa Indonesia.

Mella

Sep 7, 2017
I'd love to know of any expat groups in the Seminyak, Denpasar and Sanur areas....British, European, Australian even American (at a push! LOL!) or,even better, any mixed local/expat groups where I can improve my Bahasa Indonesia.
Hi, Mella here. (A newbie to this group) I'm hoping to live in Sanur for year come 2018. I'll be in Bali (Sanur) December - January. Would to chat to Expats about visa, accommodation, cost of living, etc. All replies welcomed appreciatively! Kind regards

Ivor

Nov 22, 2014
We are in Renon, not too far from Sanur, and have the same issues.

We have been in Ubud for the better part of the last year and love it except we don't have many friends here.

Where do you guys hang out? We're a friendly bunch, the wife and I, and although we are Americans, please don't hold that against us! We're retired and active for our ages, we like to scuba dive (why we're here, kind of) and, oh I don't know what to say, ... we won't spend a lot of time talking about politics if you don't!

Or better we should meet people by walking up to people on the street and saying hello?

- Bill & Emily

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Hey Bill and Emily! I'm very much not retired as I'm 26 years old and working but I'm always up to meet new people in Ubud. I'm currently in Penestanan so if you ever want to meet up for a drink, let me know. Also, I'm American too so we can talk about how disappointed we are in our home country together :)