Freya needs a home urgently

Mark and Christine

May 4, 2017
Freya needs home URGENTLY

We are a Canadian couple leaving Bali by May 24, 2017

11 months old – rescued around 2-3 months old.
All vaccinations completed.
Sterilized at six months.
Responds to “Sit”, “Shakes a paw”, “Down”, “Come”.
Walks on a leash EXCELLENTLY.
Sleeps on her pillow on floor at foot of bed.
LOVES scooter rides.
LOVES to lay around or walk Sari Organic Trail.
LOVES, LOVES, LOVES a belly rub.
Rarely (if ever) barks.
Raised on Pedigree chicken dog food, chicken, rice, Dentastix and chewable treats.
Very healthy coat.
NO COST - just give Freya a great home –leash, collar, brush, food container, remaining food provided.

A new puppy is super cute, but after six months, they look like Freya, only you avoid dealing with bathroom cleanups, training, chewing everything and getting rid of that annoying Bali dog barking habit.

If you want a gorgeous dog for yourself or as a companion for your existing pet, please consider meeting Freya.

We live in Bentuyung at end of Sari Organic Trail.

WhatsApp, SMS or call Mark at 081 339 096 6553.

IMG_20170424_131134775 - Copy.jpg Shrunk down 2.jpg

Reactions: sakumabali

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Great dog, great post & pictures. I'm leaving on the 21/5 :(
Hopefully somebody will give it a chance. Perhaps Post on Facebook (Canggu Community f.e.) as well?

Can't bring the dog to Canada?

Mark and Christine

May 4, 2017
Great dog, great post & pictures. I'm leaving on the 21/5 :(
Hopefully somebody will give it a chance. Perhaps Post on Facebook (Canggu Community f.e.) as well?

Can't bring the dog to Canada?

Thanks for the Canggu suggestion. We have been backpacking throughout SE Asia for 1.4 years. Got "stuck" in Bali. We are moving on, so not returning to Canada.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why oh why do people imagine it's ok to take a dog on for "a holiday"? Apart from the obvious ''saving" the dog bit you will now have a dog that is unable to understand why her people have gone off and left her.

Won't matter how good the next home is.

Or maybe you think it would be fine to leave one of your kids with new parents after a year? But then at least you could explain to your kids why you had decided to move on without them...

Mark and Christine

May 4, 2017
Why oh why do people imagine it's ok to take a dog on for "a holiday"? Apart from the obvious ''saving" the dog bit you will now have a dog that is unable to understand why her people have gone off and left her.

Won't matter how good the next home is.

Or maybe you think it would be fine to leave one of your kids with new parents after a year? But then at least you could explain to your kids why you had decided to move on without them...

If I was the moderator of this website, you would be gone! Your comments are inappropriate and rude.

Why oh why do people imagine it is appropriate to condescend other peoples good intentions when they have no history of what actually transpired? The alternative for Freya is that she would have been DEAD!

Reactions: Adam

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Your indignation is wonderful and I'm sure heartfelt but I notice you don't answer the question...

You think the people that live here don't get equipped with dogs of their own? I get puppies and kittens put over my wall on a regular basis as do most expats.

What do you suppose we all do with them?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Well I understand both positions, I also totally get Markit's point that - if you save an animal's life you're kinda reponsible blablablah
BUT now is there somebody who wants to take this dog? I never wanted a dog and it's a cheap escape but I'm leaving bali for good in a couple of weeks...so arguing here won't help folks!!

Melati

Mar 4, 2017
Well I understand both positions, I also totally get Markit's point that - if you save an animal's life you're kinda reponsible blablablah
BUT now is there somebody who wants to take this dog? I never wanted a dog and it's a cheap escape but I'm leaving bali for good in a couple of weeks...so arguing here won't help folks!!
totally off of topic, but I am curious, feel free to answer yap! because probably is a personal question, can I ask you why are you leaving Bali for good and how long have you been here?

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Well, it is very hard for me who had dogs since age of 5 (now I am 71) that somebody takes a dog just for holiday entertainment. By the Chinese calender I am a dog and would like to know if this would happen to you both...
Enough of judgement. We have 4 dogs and will give her a nice life. The only "little" duty for you - you bring her to our place in Karangasem. I assume you have a proof of vacs and steriliz.
I tried your number but whatsapp does not recognize it

Last edited:
Reactions: sakumabali

Mark and Christine

May 4, 2017
Good morning Sir. I am 50 years of age and I knew at the age of 20 to never communicate or judge people the way you just have. Since you have had dogs all your life, you have probably read a book or two regarding dog psychology. So, you know that dogs live in the "now" moment and do not dwell on the past. Freya will be just fine once we leave her with a great new owner. She was a dog that was left for dead with her siblings by her owner. We rescued them, found them homes except Freya and the folks that were going to adopt her fell through. We are not on vacation and we did not just pick her up as a "thing" to do. We have helped BAWA foster many puppies in the same way and have coordinated and assisted during sterilization clinics. We know dogs and we know how to treat people. I'm afraid you would never pass the screening to become Freya's new owner. Thank you for the offer anyway.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Good morning Sir. I am 50 years of age and I knew at the age of 20 to never communicate or judge people the way you just have. Since you have had dogs all your life, you have probably read a book or two regarding dog psychology. So, you know that dogs live in the "now" moment and do not dwell on the past. Freya will be just fine once we leave her with a great new owner. She was a dog that was left for dead with her siblings by her owner. We rescued them, found them homes except Freya and the folks that were going to adopt her fell through. We are not on vacation and we did not just pick her up as a "thing" to do. We have helped BAWA foster many puppies in the same way and have coordinated and assisted during sterilization clinics. We know dogs and we know how to treat people. I'm afraid you would never pass the screening to become Freya's new owner. Thank you for the offer anyway.
I would be just interested why I would not pass the screening...

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
. I'm afraid you would never pass the screening to become Freya's new owner. Thank you for the offer anyway.
I would be just interested why I would not pass the screening...

ya a very unkind comment for sure

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

Yep! You win the prize! A, number one 1, complete asshole.

What a fucking wanker. You have done the best thing for your dog cause I'm sure FREYA will be happy anywhere else but with you.

Go in peace, but Go!!!. Idiot!

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
wHY YOU ARE NOW SO SHY TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION?

Teabag

May 23, 2013

I'm speechless by this level of arrogance, poor dog!