Joglo in Bali

justgary

Feb 10, 2015
Hello all.
I am sure this has been discussed many times. I am interested in possibly relocating some joglos to Bali.
Does anyone know of a reputable person or company's that could help.
Regards Gary

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Don't think it's ever been discussed.

Where are you relocating from? Java? Get a company there to take them apart and load them on trucks to Bali - job done?!

I'm not sure what you are looking for so some more information couldn't hurt.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hello all.
I am sure this has been discussed many times. I am interested in possibly relocating some joglos to Bali.
Does anyone know of a reputable person or company's that could help.
Regards Gary
If you can get to Kudus in Central Java there are a couple places that have joglos and do everything you need including transportation. Be careful to get only old teak. They have different models and sizes. Old teak is expensive and sought after, so be sure you get what you bargain for. If you want specific sources let me know. My background is in exporting teak and other exotic hardwoods to the US, and will be happy to help. Unfortunately administration apparently no longer has a personal message application as they have steadfastly resisted my inquiries on this new format.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Yes, what happened to the personal message option,bring it back please

It is still there. The new forum calls them "conversations". You can access your messages by clicking on the envelope in the top right corner. If you want to message someone, click on their username and then "start a conversation".

justgary

Feb 10, 2015
Don't think it's ever been discussed.

Where are you relocating from? Java? Get a company there to take them apart and load them on trucks to Bali - job done?!

I'm not sure what you are looking for so some more information couldn't hurt.
Hello Markit.
I am looking for someone who sells joglos in java and is capable of relocating and refurbishing the buildings with bathrooms, kitchen etc.

justgary

Feb 10, 2015
If you can get to Kudus in Central Java there are a couple places that have joglos and do everything you need including transportation. Be careful to get only old teak. They have different models and sizes. Old teak is expensive and sought after, so be sure you get what you bargain for. If you want specific sources let me know. My background is in exporting teak and other exotic hardwoods to the US, and will be happy to help. Unfortunately administration apparently no longer has a personal message application as they have steadfastly resisted my inquiries on this new format.
Hello Mugwump.
Thankyou for your reply.
I have seen a few companies that remove and relocate from Java.
I was hoping someone in here might know of a company that is a one stop shop. As in relocate and fully refurbished. Kitchen bathrooms doors walls etc.
Regards Gary

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Dude, if it was me I'd go to one of the numerous wood house building companies in DPS and show them my design (care of build-it-yourself design program Sketchup), tell them what wood I want to have (Bankiri, Merbau, Teak, etc) and get them to competitively price what the feck you want to have done.

Why try and shoehorn your desired living space into some old piece of shite wood thingy that was originally built to house a family of rice farmers in the last century? Cause you like the roof?

justgary

Feb 10, 2015
Hi again. That's a good point, the only issue so far is the price. A friend of mine built a new one that cost him 3 billion Rupiah. Having said that I'll be looking at that idea for sure.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Your friend got porked unless the place was huge. There are about 3 reputable wood house builders that I know of, I'm sure there are more. Play one off against the other and get what you want for a reasonable price.

Hell if you have the plans just go out and buy the wood and put yourself a team of local carpenters together and build it yourself - that would be the most fun and prob the cheapest.

Bali Prefab are one of the best but they aint cheap.