Andrew P

Jan 21, 2017
Yeah seems Guinness bottles are everywhere here,im shocked at the amount of Indonesians who drink it,here in Surabaya you can get 3 large bottles for rp 100,000 In the place I drink,to be honest they would need to pay me to drink it,its gross from the bottle,I was born in Ireland and used to drink tap Guinness all the time many yrs ago,around a year ago I had a meeting in Jakarta with a guy from the Irish Embassy there,he told me his local bars in the Kemang area have Guinness on tap and said it:s really good,however he said it cost around rp 140,000 for a pint,way too much for a beer

When on the road in Australia I take a carton of the tall Kilkenny cans - when the work or driving is done that first one is just beautiful - I find the local edition Guinness pretty good as an alternative to bintang for a first drink sometimes - All beer for me has to be super cold though.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
No idea where they are brewed but I'll ask next visit...I know the owner and manager.

Was in Plumbers today and told Guinness draft is imported...only bottled and cans are locally produced.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks Markit, Looking forward to it

A mate and I beat our way through the driving rain this evening to get to the Bali Palms Hotel/Timeshare where the fabled Kilkenny Ale/Beer is sold and found ourselves confronted with a young Balinese waitress protruding two of the most gorgeous examples of mammary largess either of us had every seen on a real live person (this month) but unfortunately no Kilkenny. Our pain can only be imagined.

We were reliably informed that the fabled brew would be allowed through customs sometime in the very near future and would cost IDR 38k for a 1/2 pint and 68 for a full one. On tap.

The night was not a total loss as we learned this bouncy beauty has been married now for 3 years and has a wandering eye (other parts were not mentioned) we will be back.

Andrew P

Jan 21, 2017
A mate and I beat our way through the driving rain this evening to get to the Bali Palms Hotel/Timeshare where the fabled Kilkenny Ale/Beer is sold and found ourselves confronted with a young Balinese waitress protruding two of the most gorgeous examples of mammary largess either of us had every seen on a real live person (this month) but unfortunately no Kilkenny. Our pain can only be imagined.

We were reliably informed that the fabled brew would be allowed through customs sometime in the very near future and would cost IDR 38k for a 1/2 pint and 68 for a full one. On tap.

The night was not a total loss as we learned this bouncy beauty has been married now for 3 years and has a wandering eye (other parts were not mentioned) we will be back.

Lol – glad it wasn’t a wasted trip, might come back that way and stop for a Kilkenny next time we are up in the village
I’ll have to limit my curiosity to a disinterested glance, I really don’t want the furniture thrown of the front porch again!
Cheers