odez999

Jul 4, 2011
This in Bali and indonesia is getting harder and harder year by year ...

I came on 1st of september (and my KITAs expires on 27 september) with "all" papers wich I needed first time when I made spouse KIATS/ITAS ...

Apparently that was not enough ... now ..
Beside that it needed one more paper (form) to fill then firstime when I applied for KITAs/ITAS ... + I think much more photocopies this time .. and whats not ...
When I asked why is now more complicated to renew than it is was to make 1y before answer was "new rules" !!??
Ok they told me than now I old KK (Karta Keluarga) which was sufficiant before, now it is not . .so I had to make new (order new from Java) that took like 5-10 days .. Now when I camae SAME WOMAN at Denpasar Kantor Immigration (my good have mercy upon her) told me that I need some sort of paper Domicili from Local Kantor or whatnot ..
All would be ok If I was not adviced lastime when I made KITAs that after I made it .. I did NOT have to apply to any local or police kantor etc because I have KITAS .. Also they told me that those were new rules back then !
Apperently rules in here are changed anually and on local level .. can be anything ... anytime ...
Now I went today to that office and they told me for that karta domicili i need to have paper from police .... WTF ...
Do I need to mention that I did not needed this first time when I applied for KITAS !
But all would be ok if that woman working in office told me 1st time what all I need (I did asked)... Now I have feeling when I come on 20th she will say "sorry mister you should come earlier for extension" or some other document is going to be needed (which will take again minimum 7 days)!
Apparently I needed to came 2 months before to be sure ! Maybe 3 mothh before .. whats safe its safe ... jeeeez
All got more expensive, more complicated (more photos, documents and what not, and they still deceiving public that all is becoming infact foreginer/local friendly)...
And I read on different forums for different immigration offices there are different rules ...

Do they really think that anyone serious will invest anything legit in this country with such legislation !? I thought I might buy home in here ... but it is no-no.

With all this legislation it is getting on my nerves .. I am thinking of relocating all together ... There is no point since now seems like talibans rule the country.. they managed to degrade every segment of life ... health insurance ... (BPJS .. non working) ..if you have children .. public schools are joke ..even worse than before ... (even uber expensive private ones are waste of money) ... Legislation on housing . .owning .. existing .. .what not .. is still pain in the ass ...

Guys I am 5y in here .. is it just me or everything went from bad to worse !?
HTF those outside Bali keep thain sainity without alchocol in minimarkets around them !?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Odez have followed your travails with interest and optimism and they are the same as many people report.

Maybe it's just my paranoia but I have a feeling the immi are trying to drive everyone into the hands of the "agents". When you think about it, a logical step as many other avenues of "coffee money" have been cut off for them.

I would suggest you do the same. If you need the name of a good one PM me.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
At least next time around (if you are still here) you can apply for a KITAP (five years). And you will be happy to know there is even more paperwork to fill out. Including documents from Jakarta and an interview in your house!

Then your next KITAP is for life!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
What kind of KITAS? I have done the spouse sponsored there and never had much of a problem.

Nov 29, 2011
bali
I have a work permit, my husband has a spouse one. He does not work but they said that he could work although they have no evidence he does. Last year (our 5th year) we had to pay a great deal more money in 'facilitation' fees having already paid over 20j +$1200 to our agent for 2 x kitas +1 w/p to get my husbands passport back after 2.5 months as we had flights booked. In the end they knew we were travelling and milked it for all they could get. With talk of new procedures, and anti corruption, wondered if it would get any easier?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You own the company that is supplying the kitas? I'm having trouble getting my head around it. I did my kitap for 5 years and only paid the price on the board, there were a few hiccups but only took 1 month to complete.

Nov 29, 2011
bali
You own the company that is supplying the kitas? I'm having trouble getting my head around it. I did my kitap for 5 years and only paid the price on the board, there were a few hiccups but only took 1 month to complete.

Yes we own the company, I work, my husband is retired and does not work although he is and has always been a non working director. We have always used an agent but after last years fiasco, we are contemplating hopefully 'simplifying' it and doing it ourselves but it has to be Singaraja. Don't want to do a kitap.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I would stick with an agent but at a better price.
The kitas part is easy, your company is your sponsor and as directors you are entitled to a kitas and would be straight forward.
The work permit is tricky? There are rules and the agent is the person the get you through the hoops. I don't want to get into what special skills you have to get you imta, your company also has to prove that they need a imta.
$1200us is for each imta, kitas 2x Rp2,200,000 exit 2x Rp2,000,000 allow Rp4,000,000 for agent.
You paid around Rp10,000,000 too much last year, that about right??
Normaly would take 6 weeks??