geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Arrived back tonight from a week in Japan.
Staying on Monkey Forrest rd . Was extremely surprised how little traffic on monkey forest rd at 7.30. Places were busy but traffic very very light. Is this normal?

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Arrived back tonight from a week in Japan.
Staying on Monkey Forrest rd . Was extremely surprised how little traffic on monkey forest rd at 7.30. Places were busy but traffic very very light. Is this normal?

Depends. Lower Monkey Forest (nearer to the actual forest) is usually ok but it is nearly always jammed during the day from the football field to Jl Raya Ubud and certain times can be backed up much further. All depends on the goings on at Jl Raya Ubud. When the tourist buses are there during the day it has a big effect on traffic trying to exit from Monkey Forest. Evenings not so bad.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
G'day geedee, I'm heading offshore on Tuesday for a couple of weeks but I will be going to a place today called Melting Pot to watch the Oz football Grand Final on the big screen. It's not far from Monkey Forest road on Jalan Hanoman.
The food is not good, it's a barn of a pub, the beer is over-priced and it attracts a large bogan population. In other words it's like a little slice of Australia. :D
You have my phone number?