PotatoHead

Feb 5, 2015
Seminyak
I'm living in Seminyak now and trying to get everything set up. I had a few questions and would highly appreciate some of your help with them:

1. Where's the best supermarket? I plan on doing a lot of cooking.
  2. My room doesn't have a kitchen. I'm thinking about getting a portable stove so I can cook. Where can I get one of these/Do they exist here?
  3. Is it cheaper to cook at home or is the price of eating out roughly the same?
  4. I'll be here for several months. Is it wiser to just buy my own scooter then or should I continue renting?
  5. I get killed on ATM fees because the limit for withdrawals are so low. Any ways around this?
  6. Looking for secondhand surfboards. From what I hear, they're cheapest down on Poppies Lane in Kuta, but verdict seems to be that they're pretty crappy. Are there any other places to find decent secondhand boards?
  7. Best place to pick up bodybuilding/health supplements like whey protein, BCAA's, etc?
  8. Best and cheapest yoga places in Seminyak?
  9. Any tips on SIM cards/best telecom company to go with?

Any other general advice or tips for newbies, please feel free to share. Thank you all.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
5d2ae18737ff9e8b1bd9ed944b3eab55b5ba1953954fcb442297dda7f46e0f9e.jpg

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I'm living in Seminyak now and trying to get everything set up. I had a few questions and would highly appreciate some of your help with them:

1. Where's the best supermarket? I plan on doing a lot of cooking. depends on what you need to cook .Try morning markets
  2. My room doesn't have a kitchen. I'm thinking about getting a portable stove so I can cook. Where can I get one of these/Do they exist here? yes but do you have permission from landlord ? widely advailable starting at 250k
  3. Is it cheaper to cook at home or is the price of eating out roughly the same?
  4. I'll be here for several months. Is it wiser to just buy my own scooter then or should I continue rentiing up to you and your math
  5. I get killed on ATM fees because the limit for withdrawals are so low. Any ways around this? sure but lots more info is needed
  6. Looking for secondhand surfboards. From what I hear, they're cheapest down on Poppies Lane in Kuta, but verdict seems to be that they're pretty crappy. Are there any other places to find decent secondhand boards?FB surfing groups
  7. Best place to pick up bodybuilding/health supplements like whey protein, BCAA's, etc? check out real local gyms
  8. Best and cheapest yoga places in Seminyak?no idea what so ever
  9. Any tips on SIM cards/best telecom company to go with? ask the local pulsa sellers in your area

Any other general advice or tips for newbies, please feel free to share. Thank you all.
read forum for best knowledge first