Bali Je T'aime is the leading provider of villa rental services in Bali, Indonesia. Since 2006, Balijetaime.com (the portal in 4 languages, French, Indoenesia, English and Spanish) have been providing villa listings of luxury and affordable accommodations for rental in the major tourist areas of Bali, from Canggu, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Umalas, Petitenget, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Bukit, Jimbaran, up to Ubud, and the remote areas of Bali such as Tulamben and more. Balijetaime.com is under the professional western management of Gregory Eloy, CEO of Balijetaime Group, who is committed in providing guests with professional service. All villas listed have been hand picked by most of the time, Gregory him self and have undergone a tight quality control listing protocols before being listed on the website. Balijetaime office is located in Jalan Raya Basangkasa, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia, direct access phone +62 818-345-435

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Day Tourist Visa Question

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 60 Day Tourist Visa Question

Heard some mixed stories regarding the current status of the 60 day tourist visa. It can be extended four times for thirty days each. My questions are:
    - Is a sponsor letter required to obtain this visa? (I have heard no letter is needed, can someone confirm?)
    - Is a trip to immigration required for any of the extensions (fingerprints etc) or can they all be done through the local visa agents ($550,000-$600,000 each extension as I understand).

Anyone here on this now and found any additional wrinkles or details?

Thanks

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean 60 day Social Visa right?

Yes you need a sponsor and yes you will need to go to immigration to have fingerprints done at least once even with an agent.

I think you're getting mixed stories because a 60 day tourist visa is different to a 60 Social Visa. To obtain a 60 day tourist visa you arrive on a 30 day visa and extend it for another 30 days. You can only do this once though, its not like a 60 day social Visa were it can be extended 4 times

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BKT View Post
    You mean 60 day Social Visa right?

Yes you need a sponsor and yes you will need to go to immigration to have fingerprints done at least once even with an agent.

I think you're getting mixed stories because a 60 day tourist visa is different to a 60 Social Visa. To obtain a 60 day tourist visa you arrive on a 30 day visa and extend it for another 30 days. You can only do this once though, its not like a 60 day social Visa were it can be extended 4 times
    Nope I mean the sixty day 'Tourist Visa' - as least that is what the Canadian consulate I deal with calls it. A friend of mine here said he has also heard it called a 'Cultural Visa.' The visa agents I have talked to here are familiar with it as a 'Tourist Visa' and confirm the sixty day initial visa along with the four thirty day extensions. The only questions I have (as per the original post) are if you need a sponsor letter (I'm pretty sure you don't) and if I need to make any trips for fingerprints or anything during the extensions.

I have spoken to one person that has stayed for four months (sixty days plus two extensions) on a Tourist Visa and he did not use a sponsor letter or have to do any fingerprints.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need fingerprints for the fourth extension of the visa, your friend didn't need them because he only extended twice. I'm not sure how he got away with not having a sponsor, sounds like something illegal going on there.

Any way the correct name for the Visa you want is a Social Budaya which roughly translated mean Social Visa. A 60 day tourist visa can not be extended.

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need fingerprints for the fourth extension of the visa, your friend didn't need them because he only extended twice. I'm not sure how he got away with not having a sponsor, sounds like something illegal going on there.

Any way the correct name for the Visa you want is a Social Budaya which roughly translated mean Social Visa. A 60 day tourist visa can not be extended.
    I am familiar with the Social Budaya and have used that before. This is not that. I have talked to multiple visa agents and the consulate in Canada. There is no question about what type of visa this or how many times it can be extended. The only questions (as per my original post) are regarding the requirement of a letter (pretty much everyone now confirms a sponsor letter is not needed) and whether or not a trip to immigration (for fingerprints) is required for any of the extensions.

If anyone else would care to weigh in on either of these issues that would be great. Thanks.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a sponsor letter required to obtain this visa? (I have heard no letter is needed, can someone confirm?)
    If you are going for the 60 day tourist visa, I don't believe you need a sponsor letter. The 60 day tourist visa (not the VOA) looks exactly like a social budaya visa and even has the same code, the only difference I believe is that the social visa has your sponsors name on the visa.

Is a trip to immigration required for any of the extensions (fingerprints etc) or can they all be done through the local visa agents ($550,000-$600,000 each extension as I understand).
    Some people say it is not (legally) possible to extend the 60 day tourist visa. Other people say it is exactly the same as the social visa. I am certain however that an agent can do the extensions. If you try doing it yourself, I have no idea if this is possible.

I thought you needed to do the fingerprints on the 2nd renewal. Anyway your agent will let you know and help with this.

If you are already familiar with the Social Visa why not just get that to be safe?
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spicyayam View Post
    Some people say it is not (legally) possible to extend the 60 day tourist visa. Other people say it is exactly the same as the social visa. I am certain however that an agent can do the extensions. If you try doing it yourself, I have no idea if this is possible.
    Yea legally its not possible, otherwise everyone would be getting them instead of social visa's. Scorbles if you have no problem lining the pockets of a few dodgy agents and immigration officers then go for gold. Just be aware if the **** hits the fan things could get a little messy for you.

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea legally its not possible, otherwise everyone would be getting them instead of social visa's. Scorbles if you have no problem lining the pockets of a few dodgy agents and immigration officers then go for gold. Just be aware if the **** hits the fan things could get a little messy for you.
    There is no question about the legality of these extensions (though this is Indonesia so the rules could change again at any moment). I have had this confirmed from many sources now. I was only ever asking about the requirement of a sponsor letter and the fingerprint trip to immigration. If the legality of these extensions is really stressing you out then feel free to call your embassy / consulate for the current info.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorles You can not legally extend the 60 day tourist Visa, however some dodgy immigration officers in Bali only will extend it.
    Your sobud visa has your sponsor name on it & you can extend it, with the changes in the laws in Indonesia the sponsor will be responsible for you, so if you do anything wrong your sponsor will also get in to trouble. This will make it hard for the agents to find a sponsor for you.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why stress when I have a Kitas.

Copy and paste from the living indonesia forum

The backbone of the immigration, the Undang-Undang nomor 9 tahun 1992 and the peraturan pemerintah nomor 32 tahun 1994 have been written at a time when tourism was welcome as long as the tourist weren't staying long and weren't spreading weird ideas of democracy. In fact the law written at that time stipulates that a visa kunjungan (visit visa) can be issued for four different reasons:
    - governmental
    - tourism
    - sosial/cultural (sosbud)
    - business (usaha)

Source: article 30, PP 32/1994

Izin Kunjungan sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 27 angka 2, diberikan kepada orang asing dalam rangka kunjungan untuk :
    1. tugas pemerintahan;
    2. pariwisata;
    3. kegiatan sosial budaya; atau
    4. usaha.

A visit visa is delivered for 60 days but out of the 4 categories above, only 3 of the reasons offers the possibility of extensions. Tourism is ruled out by law.

Source: Article 35, PP 32/1994

1. Izin Kunjungan diberikan kepada orang asing untuk berkunjung ke wilayah Negara Republik Indonesia untuk jangka waktu 60 (enam puluh) hari terhitung sejak tanggal diberikannya Izin Masuk di wilayah Negara Republik Indonesia.
    2. Izin sebagaimana dimaksud dalam ayat (1) dapat diperpanjang paling banyak lima kali berturut-turut, setiap kali perpanjangan untuk jangka waktu 30 (tiga puluh) hari.
    3. Dalam hal Izin Kunjungan untuk keperluan wisata, jangka waktu 60 (enam puluh) hari tidak dapat diperpanjang.

Amazingly, the world has changed, Indonesia has changed, but the DPR and the government has not taken the time to amend the stupid article which forbid the extension of a visit visa given for tourism purpose! In 2010, the above article 35 still remain valid. It is a total non sense, but it's a fact.
    Many kantor Imigrasi will ignore this article of law and will extend a visit visa without considering the fact that the extension is required for tourism purpose. I would however advice any foreigner to apply in advance for a proper sosbud with a sponsor in order to avoid doing anything which is not technically legal.