Bali Je T'aime is the leading provider of villa rental services in Bali, Indonesia. Since 2006, Balijetaime.com (the portal in 4 languages, French, Indoenesia, English and Spanish) have been providing villa listings of luxury and affordable accommodations for rental in the major tourist areas of Bali, from Canggu, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Umalas, Petitenget, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Bukit, Jimbaran, up to Ubud, and the remote areas of Bali such as Tulamben and more. Balijetaime.com is under the professional western management of Gregory Eloy, CEO of Balijetaime Group, who is committed in providing guests with professional service. All villas listed have been hand picked by most of the time, Gregory him self and have undergone a tight quality control listing protocols before being listed on the website. Balijetaime office is located in Jalan Raya Basangkasa, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia, direct access phone +62 818-345-435

Villabalisale is the only unique real estate website acting as HUB in Bali with its direct access to the 8 largest real estate database. We are a part of Kibarer Property, the best realtor in Bali that provides you the services of a lawyer and notary under one roof.

Providing you with more than 1,000 gorgeous stunning villas, Villabalisale is available in 5 different languages from Indonesian, French, Russian, Chinese and English for your convenience.

User Tag List

Thread: Indonesia Duty-Free import regulations

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Indonesia Duty-Free import regulations

I just came in from Hong Kong and don't normally bring any duty-free items. However, because of the recent unavailability in Bali, I decided to bring a couple bottles with me. Specifically, a bottle of Campari and a bottle of white wine which I purchased at CLK. Upon arrival at DPS I had a huge problem with customs, who would only allow me to enter with 1 bottle. I was, of course, offered the Indonesian solution but am not so inclines and so left the Campari with customs with a wish that they would enjoy!
    As a matter of interest, and I do fully understand that this may have no relevance to the way things actually work (Or not) here, could anyone kindly advise what the legal limits actually are? Most countries allow 1 bottle of liquer and 1 bottle of wine and this was the opinion of the DFS staff in HKG for Indonesia also,
    Does anyone understand what is behind this lack of wine in Bali now?

Regular
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: Indonesia Duty-Free import regulations

Hi SanurGirl, it's one litre, regardless of whether it's wine or spirits. I had exactly the same problem, brought with me 1 ltr scotch and 1 bottle of wine. Only in my case I was allowed to keep both bottles without having to pay extra.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm.. a small bribe would've got that bottle of campari through :( oh well, admire your principles...

ct

Addicted
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halo, SanurGirl

As widder said, the "official limit" is still a measly one litre. There are ways around this, but one needs "contacts", etc (strictly speaking, illegal, of course).
    I usually bring in a couple of bottles...an expensive one and a disposable one, just in case. A lot depends upon who is on duty at the time.
    ...Does anyone understand what is behind this lack of wine in Bali now?...
    The recent imported alcohol shortage had to do with some major importers not paying their licence fees on time and a proliferation of fake tax stamps. To my knowledge, this has finally been "resolved" and most foreign drinks are available again.

As for imported wines...there's not really a shortage, as such; rather a shortage of reasonably priced ones, unless you know the right outlets.
    A search through this forum's Archives will give you some more clues.

:D

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there's a wine store (or used to be?) in Kerobokan - across the street where the jail is.

They also sell some wines in Bali Deli in Jl. Kunti in Seminyak.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Wine Store is across the road from the jail..

Its not to bad for emergencies !!

Max

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would seen that for tax purposes wine is considered the same as sprits as they both cost about the same which makes wine expensive.
    A great pity for me as I much prefer wine.
    Regards Jimbo