Bali Je T'aime is the leading provider of villa rental services in Bali, Indonesia. Since 2006, Balijetaime.com (the portal in 4 languages, French, Indoenesia, English and Spanish) have been providing villa listings of luxury and affordable accommodations for rental in the major tourist areas of Bali, from Canggu, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Umalas, Petitenget, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Bukit, Jimbaran, up to Ubud, and the remote areas of Bali such as Tulamben and more. Balijetaime.com is under the professional western management of Gregory Eloy, CEO of Balijetaime Group, who is committed in providing guests with professional service. All villas listed have been hand picked by most of the time, Gregory him self and have undergone a tight quality control listing protocols before being listed on the website. Balijetaime office is located in Jalan Raya Basangkasa, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia, direct access phone +62 818-345-435

Villabalisale is the only unique real estate website acting as HUB in Bali with its direct access to the 8 largest real estate database. We are a part of Kibarer Property, the best realtor in Bali that provides you the services of a lawyer and notary under one roof.

Providing you with more than 1,000 gorgeous stunning villas, Villabalisale is available in 5 different languages from Indonesian, French, Russian, Chinese and English for your convenience.

User Tag List

Thread: Bus Airport to Ubud?

Tourist
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bus Airport to Ubud?

The internet says that there is a bus from the airport 4 times a day to Ubud. Jati home stay wanted 200,000 rp to pick me up. They say no such bus. Is there a bus to Ubud from the airport. The internet says it stops 2 kilometers from Ubud. Yes or no? Thank you.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bus Airport to Ubud?

Perhaps it would help posting a link to the site you are referring to. I am not aware of any bus service from the airport to Ubud. Plenty of taxis though :)

The pickup service sounds reasonable to me, especially if it is your first time here.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day.

Addicted
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no buses from the airport to anywhere.
    The internet says it stops 2 kilometers from Ubud. Yes or no?
    The answer is no.

And Rp 200,000 to be picked up at the airport and driven up to Ubud sounds too expensive to me, especially if it's by the staff of the place you'll be staying in. Maybe they have to hire a car/driver to get you - otherwise, it doesn't quite add up.

:shock:

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The taxi kiosk, located at the airport, now charges Rp 195,000 to Ubud. The price went up with the fuel price increase last year, but of course, didn't come back down again when the fuel price decreased. :roll:
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The internet says that there is a bus from the airport 4 times a day to Ubud.
    It might be a bemo, or something like that, outside of the airport.

Taxis, bemos and buses are all different. matsaleh quotes a recent taxi-fare of Rp 195,000 airport to Ubud. That's probably OK, from the airport itself. Still over-priced, in my opinion. And to which part of Ubud? (Could cost more further up towards Sayan.)

The "4 times a day to Ubud" sounds to me like a shuttle service from Kuta. As far as I know, they don't operate from the airport.

Taxi prices can vary dramatically depending what time of night you need one, and even what night. Saturday night would come at a premium, I think. Understandable. The cab-driver would be extremely lucky to find a customer going back down South.

:D

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price of Rp200,000 charged by a hotel in Ubud for a transfer to/from the airport is absolutely a normal price. A taxi's price is comparable. For a homestay, you might get away with Rp150,000, but this is just a matter of policy set by the accommodation's owner.

There is a bus service by Perama, from Kuta to Ubud, but it does not run from the airport,. On the way down, you canrequest a drop off in Sanur.
    Keep on smiling.

Daniel

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not heard of a bus to Ubud but if you look in the airport for taxi charges, Ubud is 195,000Rp.I would therefor take the off er of 200,ooo from the people you will stay with,it gives you time to get to know them too
    Regards

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...if you look in the airport for taxi charges, Ubud is 195,000Rp...
    Yes, whilst that's correct, the "official" airport taxis are always "over-priced".

I seldom, (if ever), take one of them. If I've got the time, I hang around for half an hour or so in one of the "warungs" on the airport grounds. There will always be some "taxi drivers" there who haven't got a fare and prepared to negotiate. Even drivers with private cars.

Of course, Airport to Ubud is a fairly long haul, so the ability to bargain well is an asset. The "half hour" could become longer. The thing not to show is that you're desperate. Add to that you have time on your hands. Chances are you'll find a much better fare and possibly even a new Indonesian friend.

In any event, saving five/ten bucks or so is no big deal.

:D

Regular
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I got hold of one of my Shuttle Bus & Boat service (PERAMANA) valid from August 2008 maybe there is a new one out now.

The web is: http://www.peramatour.com E-mail: info@peramatour.com
    Kuta & Airport 06.30 10.00 - 13.30 16.30 to Ubud 50.000 rp
    Old prices and time table

I did see the buses myself, in April, in Ubud somewhere but canít remember exactly.

L.
    First impressions are the most lasting