Bali Je T'aime is the leading provider of villa rental services in Bali, Indonesia. Since 2006, Balijetaime.com (the portal in 4 languages, French, Indoenesia, English and Spanish) have been providing villa listings of luxury and affordable accommodations for rental in the major tourist areas of Bali, from Canggu, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Umalas, Petitenget, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Bukit, Jimbaran, up to Ubud, and the remote areas of Bali such as Tulamben and more. Balijetaime.com is under the professional western management of Gregory Eloy, CEO of Balijetaime Group, who is committed in providing guests with professional service. All villas listed have been hand picked by most of the time, Gregory him self and have undergone a tight quality control listing protocols before being listed on the website. Balijetaime office is located in Jalan Raya Basangkasa, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia, direct access phone +62 818-345-435

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bringing dog FROM bali to germany

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default bringing dog FROM bali to germany

Hi there,

I've tried researching this topic but given the word "dog" is too short to show up in the forum search it's not easy. I'm also in contact with groovypets who seem nice, but can't hurt to get more opinions.

I want to bring my puppy (7 months old then) from Bali to Germany in September. I've found lots of info regarding bringing dogs into Bali but not much for the case at hand.

Here is what GP told me:

To enter Germany, the pets must have:
    1. ISO microchip.
    2. Valid rabies vaccination. The date of rabies vaccination must be still within a year on the date of travel. The rabies vaccination must be given when the pet is already older than 3 months.
    3. Rabies serology test result must be equal to or greater than 0.5 IU/ml. The blood sampling must be done at least 30 days after the date of rabies vaccination. The test must be done in one of EU-approved labs. If the result is good, the pets can enter Germany at least 3 months after the date of blood sampling.

To bring pets out of Indonesia, export permit and international health certificate are required. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to obtain the export permit, and it is valid for a month after the date of issue. The international health certificate will be issued by the government vet in animal quarantine office Jakarta in 2 days prior to departure. About a month prior to departure, we need the following documents to prepare the exportation paperwork:
    1. Copy of owner's passport and kitas.
    2. Original vaccination book of the pets. The rabies vaccine sticker must be attached on the vaccination book.
    3. Original rabies serology test certificates.
    I'm awaiting clarification on the first point #3 as I read it like we'd have to wait at least 3 months after the test which doesn't make a lot of sense, so I suspect the opposite is meant (can wait max 3 months after test or it expires).

I will of course contact the German authorities about this as well and post their answer here if anyone is interested, for now I'm interested if anyone here has their own experience or hints to share.

Thanks!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I read #3 is as follows :

get rabies-vaccination,
    then after 30 days vet takes a blood sample and the following rabies serology test should be done in a EU approved laboratory and the results should be equal to or greater than 0.5 IU/ml.
    When the testresults are good then the dog may enter Germany, (here it comes, the way I read it) after at least a 3 month quarantaine stay.
    Words like luck, chance and coincidence were invented to express the known effects of the unknown causes. (Voltaire)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after thinking about it some more (and reading more closely lol) I'm pretty sure quarantine isn't needed as the test doesn't actually test for rabies but confirms the existence of rabies antibodies, meaning it confirms that the vaccination does work.

So now the biggest question for me is how to get her out of Bali to Jakarta I guess.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I hear what you're saying but I seriously doubt that an animal, in this case a dog can just enter the EU without some sort of quarantaine...

Bali - Jakarta, Gilimanuk-Banyuwangi apv/kijang/etcetc sort of car with preferable B-plates, tinted/blacked out windows..Indonesian driver and just have the pup in the back on the floor at your feet, with some towel to cover him/her from immediate view.
    Words like luck, chance and coincidence were invented to express the known effects of the unknown causes. (Voltaire)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh right, I thought you meant quarantine here in Indonesia. Quarantine in Germany is only half bad and we'd be able to visit her daily etc

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think the hardest part would be finding an EU approved Lab on Bali or in Indonesia for that matter..
    maybe BARC or BAWA can help with the microchip..
    imho, I think the smartest thing to do is contact someone back in Germany, who can check things out from that side..regarding quarantaine and such things.
    to be honest the quarantaine-department in Jakarta isn't that bad at all, but ofcourse I am sure the German quarantaine facilities will be better.

please let me (us) know how things go along

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionMark View Post
    Hi there,

I've tried researching this topic but given the word "dog" is too short to show up in the forum search .......................
    Thanks!
    Just on this point. When the balipod search is being unhelpful like with this silly short word restriction, just use Google. In this case the Google search would be for

dog site:balipod.com

It gets 362 hits.

Sorry, but I don't have any info on getting dogs into Germany. :-(

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After importing our 12 year old pooch to Bali recently we were told in no uncertain terms (by DEFRA and our Vet in the UK) that pooch will spend the rest of his life in Bali because there is no way they or any other EU country will ever accept a dog exported from Indonesia.

Basically, forget it. It will cost you about $1000 to get the dog out of Bali to Jakarta (illegally) and that's just where the fun begins. KLM would be the airline to talk to about flying fido out but after that it gets really tough.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to disagree with you on this one markit...

it is very much possible to export dogs/cats from Indonesia to the EU, the important thing is that all paperwork needs to be in order and clear.
    the $1000 is a bit much, costs to hire a car with driver is about 350K a day (12 hours, ex.fuel) DPS-JKT 3 days, so that would be 6 x 350K + fuel..let's say the total would be a little less then 3jt.
    KLM will fly the dog as "live Cargo" approx. Euro 1100 to 1500...important is that things on the receiving end are already in order.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah from what I've heard so far (nothing officially confirmed yet though, still waiting on that because of the weekend) it's not much of a problem to import the dog to Germany once all the paperwork is done. Hardest part seems to be getting her to Jakarta as I obviously don't want to risk her getting killed at all if we're busted. If we could get her from Jakarta to Singapore we could even take a flight with Finnair, where she could fly with us as checked in baggage for 30€/kg which is a steal compared to some prices I've seen.

About hiring a driver, would he face serious repercussions for smuggling her out of Bali? Maybe we could take a Ship from east Java to Jakarta with the dog, did the reverse journey when I was a kid but without a dog obviously.

Getting her to Singapore is what I'm looking into right now, because Lion/Airasia don't transport dogs, period.